It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2003, 12:20 AM   #1

CMOS2004 HB User
Post I have a few questions

To start off I have tourette's syndrome but pretty much controlled with only eye tics and such small stuff. I do have anxiety disorder but more OCD than anxiety but mostly controlled as well. I was on many drugs before for TS and finally found one drug that did better than all of them combined. When I was on the other drugs I was around 290 pounds. I'm 6 feet tall. Since I went of those I've lost over the last year now most of the pounds and I'm currently at 187 pounds as of my last visit. I also had very high blood pressure back then as well as high colesstrial. My colesstrial has gone down and is much much improved in a year without lipitor type meds which is good. But one thing my doctor and myself for that matter can't figure out is why my blood pressure is still high. My blood pressure before was around 190+/90+. Well now its been around 145/95+ and I've gone to less snacks and healthier foods and my cholesstrial has droped quite a bit in those three months but my blood pressure is still the same. Oh and about 6 months before this my doctor though it might had been the white coat thing and he suggested getting a watch that took blood pressure and pulse readings ever so often and I found one that could hook up via USB and allow me to print it out. Well I did this for the last 6 months and my blood pressure was still the same but for some reason was higher when I was sleeping. This doesn't make sense and my doctor agrees too. When I was sleeping my blood pressure was 200+/100+. He has sent me to get EKG, EEG and a heart xray and a stress test and all seem normal.

I don't think I have to worry to much but it seems my doctor has been more worried than I have been so I'm thinking a little harder. What do you all think. Tis most likely anxiety. I have gotten a few pains in my chess that feel like its my ribs on my left side but my hits in HS football hurt worse than this so I'm not worried about this. I did brake a rib during a football game and lets just say theirs nothing to comprare.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2003, 10:11 AM   #2
Inactive

cutup HB User
Have you ever been tested for sleep apnea? If your blood pressure goes up while you are sleeping your heart is at risk. I read somewhere that sleep apnea causes your heart to work as hard as say a runner when you sleep at night. One clue to look for: Do you snore? Has anyone said that you seem to quit breathing in your sleep at times? Also find out what your LDL and HDL are. You can have normal cholesterol but have a low HDL which could still put you at risk. Triglycerides too are important to know. A high trig level with a low HDL is a risk.

Old 09-04-2003, 10:52 AM   #3

CMOS2004 HB User
Well I can remember about 5 years ago I stopped breathing in my sleep and my parents called EMS and was taken to the hosipital but was told I had a freak asthma attack because of my cold. I was sick so that could of happened and we left it at that. Could that attack be related to what you just said.

Closed Thread