It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2003, 05:32 PM   #1

ds49 HB User
Post Anyone ever had this?

Has anyone ever had adull ache in their left breast? It last only a few minutes and comes off and on during the day. I"ve had a lot of digestive problems Just finished being treated for H pylori. Also for years off and on I have a pain in my left upper abdomen that comes and goes sometimes it seems the pain in the breast comes from that also sometimes I feel the pain in my breast when I burp. sometimes I wonder if this can be heart related.Any thoughts would be appreciated
Thanks ds49

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2003, 08:16 PM   #2
(female)

carol thomas HB User
Yes, what you've experienced sounds familiar. I've had piercing pains in what seems like breast tissue, but close to the center of the chest, just for a few moments but then on taking a deep breath it got worse (that one woke me up my second night on a cruise ship about 4 years ago) -- I attributed it to muscle strain from luggage carrying, etc., especially since the next morning when getting dressed and moving around, I felt a slight twinge as one might feel hours after pulling a leg muscle.

More recently, I've had the vague achy feeling you describe in left chest/breast area, but mine can also involve shoulder, neck, and or arm -- it's vague, but moves around; and I've had two bizarre episodes within a year or so of each other --of pain/discomfort after standing for many minutes in bookstores, and then moving to put the books or magazines back on the shelves.

In both of the above two instances the pains or discomfort was brief, no more than a minute I'm sure, but made worse by, once again, by deep breaths.

You and I MIGHT have angina, though it usually comes during or after exertion unless it's one of the rare varieties, or we MIGHT have musculosketal problems or nerve pain.

You mention digestive problems; I recently was diagnosed with gallstones and need the GB removed. I have heard that all those upper abdominal organs can cause chest pains that can mimic heart problems. In fact, my bookstore incident the other day started for a split second with two sharp twinges in upper RIGHT abdomen -- near the site of the gall bladder. THEN it quickly moved up and to the left.

Are we crazy yet???? I had a stress echocardiogram a year ago after thinking I was having a heart attack with classic burning and pressure dead center of the chest, but supposedly all was well, although the echocardiogram can't show artery blockage. It does reveal how well blood is pumping so if it wasn't, you'd think that might indicate blockage!?

Are you going to see a doctor? If so, I'd start with an internist since your complaints could be just about anything, really. Do you feel sick or otherwise in distress when this discomfort hits? Are you nauseated, or dizzy, or breathless or overly fatigued?

It's harder to diagnose a problem when we don't fit into a convenient little pattern. Unfortunately that's the case for more women than men. Let me know what you decide to do -- I'm still deciding whether to see the doctor (again). I'm so sick of doctors and thinking about health all the time -- the stress alone will kill most of us on these boards, I'm sure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2004, 06:20 AM   #3

STIGMATA666 HB User
Re: Anyone ever had this?

hi my name is emma i am 22. i have more or less the same problem you describe.i have a dull achy feeling under my left rib cage on & off everyday basically.& sometimes it feels as though mym left breast is achy too,but i think it is under my breast which is sore.party of tyhe stomach is under the left rib cage so i reckon it is definitey related to the stomach in some kind of way.i read on these boards about someone else who had these symptoms too....and they had a colonoscopy & found out they had an ulcer...& thats what was causing the discomfort.my left ribs r sometimes slightly sore when i press them too.

Old 05-01-2004, 06:30 AM   #4
Inactive

zip2play HB User

ds, and carol,

I don't think any of your symptoms point to angina pain. All sound like various degrees of costochondritis or a nerve pinch.
Angina won't get worse after a stretch and really isn't affected by a deep breath. Usually aspirin (shortterm, maybe 6/day) will ease the discomfort

Stigmata,
glad you got that ulcer isolated. Did they treat you for H.Pylori which really is necessary for a cure.

Old 05-04-2004, 06:53 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

i have the same thing too, but its in my right breast, for about a month now. On the night before easter i was in church, when i would stand for 5 min it would get worse, then i would sit and 5 min later it would go away. I went to the hospital cause i had it with the pain, i then was told by the doctors that all my blood work, chest xrays were fine. Ekg showed my pvc's thats all.
so theres a lot of people in the same boat, but none of us are doctors, just get checked out.

and Zip, im still on the Toporol XL 25mg a day, is there any safe Energy Supplement i could take?

Old 05-05-2004, 05:57 AM   #6
Inactive

zip2play HB User

Yugo,
Any stimulant is usually counterindicated with BP meds. Anything that raises energy level will raise BP.
I think coffee or tea might be the only safe way to go.

Closed Thread