It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2003, 11:06 PM   #1
(female)

nelldance HB User
Red face heart? or other problem?

Okay, I am 21. I am a dancer and teacher of dance: Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Clogging, Lyircal, and pointe. I dance on average about 20 hours a week. I have moderate asthma. I take advair 250, singulair, and allegra-d. This past week something happened to me that really scared me, and I am still kinda feeling it. One day my left arm (armpit) felt really tight, then it spread down my arm, like it was really tense. A little later, my right side of my chest strted hurting really bad, then it went rteally deep into my upper back. It spread then over to the left side, and stayed there. The pain was really deep, but was also very close to my chest. I was short of brearth, and felt like someone was cutting off the oxygen, like I was suffocating. I got really pale, and kinda had a cold sweat. I am not still feeling all of this, but If I get to laughing a lot, or dancing a lot, this pain comes back. Even if I get really emotional about something, it comes back.?? any ideas on what I should do?

Old 09-08-2003, 07:00 AM   #2
Inactive

cutup HB User
You are very young and it sounds like you would be in great physical shape as a dancer, but your symptoms alarm me. I would not wait. I would get to a doctor very soon and get yourself checked out.

------------------
Doctors comments on patient charts:

"The patient refused an autopsy."

"Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread