It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2003, 09:50 AM   #1

yahweh HB User
Post Anybody Had Surgery?

Hi, I just wanted to know if anybody had any type of surgery or has a surgery coming up and yet you have a heart related problem? You see my real question is if you did have surgery or about to have surgery, did your EKG or Thalium test had to come back normal first before they put you under general anesthesia or did they went ahead with the surgery anyway and all they did was a general blood test before they put you under general anesthesia? I look forward to hearing from anybody about this issue. Thanks

Old 09-04-2003, 08:49 AM   #2

Johnny_Pinto HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by yahweh:
Hi, I just wanted to know if anybody had any type of surgery or has a surgery coming up and yet you have a heart related problem? You see my real question is if you did have surgery or about to have surgery, did your EKG or Thalium test had to come back normal first before they put you under general anesthesia or did they went ahead with the surgery anyway and all they did was a general blood test before they put you under general anesthesia? I look forward to hearing from anybody about this issue. Thanks
I had surgery and I have a heart condition. The heart condition is arteriosclerosis and mitral valve prolaspe and a myocardial infarction followed by ventricular fibrillation nesscitated emergency quad bypass surgery--i.e. I was taken directly from the cath lab into surgery. Obviously my nothing about my heart was "normal." But in after that, a few days short of three month after the coronary bypass graft surgery, I had femoral to femoral bypass graft surgery and when that failed 2 weeks and 3 days later, I had the second femoral to femoral bypass graft surgery. So I had three surgery in less than four months and all were subsequent to heart disease. The surgeon (the same who did all three surgeries) wanted a clearance with the pulmonologist before doing the first fem-fem bypass surgery. The fem-fem surgeries went fine, although the results of neither were sucessful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2003, 08:54 AM   #3

yahweh HB User
Thanks alot for your reply although my surgery is cosmetic. But thanks anyway.

Closed Thread