It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2003, 03:46 PM   #1

ScotsmanX24 HB User
Unhappy missing heart beat with pulsing effect in eyes.

Hi about 2 years ago i noticed i had a missing beat it felt like every two beats my heart would miss a beat i got tested out on a ECG and they said everything was normal and the missing beat was an extra beat and blood tests showed i had glandular fever , 2 years later ive found i still havent come to terms with the missing beat its like every beat i have i can see like a pulsing effect in my eyes like my eyes are magnifying my pulse its horrible i find it really hard to get to sleep aswell cause i feel my heart thumping every 2 beats its driving me crazy has anyone else had this ever? i told my doctor and she said it was some kind of stress phenomenon i mean i am a anxious person but no wonder with the heart beat and eyes pulsing it drives me mad i also feel i cant even walk somedays and other days i can can ANYONE at all help me and tell me what this pusling is and why i feel my heart extra beat all the time its tiring thanks for reading

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2003, 06:22 AM   #2

NMc HB User
Hi Scotsman:
What you are experiencing is very common - many people have them and suffer no ill effects (i.e., it is completely harmless). Cutting down on(or abstaining from) things like coffee, tea, soda (anything with caffeine in it) may help. The pulsing eyes you describe is a new one to me. It may be a function of your increased awareness of your heartbeat. I know the extra beats can be disconcerting, especially since they seem to get worse when there are few distractions around, like when you are trying to go to sleep, but they really pose no health risks. Best of luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread