It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2003, 05:50 PM   #1
(male)

Zoider HB User
Question Heart Problems?

I really hope I have nothing to worry about, but I'll ask anyway. I have a really big fear of having a heart problem. I'm only 17. I am 5"8 and 120lbs. But, I fear something may be terribly wrong with my heart.

For one, I think I have a fast pulse.. like I've been sitting here for.. hours, and my Heart-Rate is 96 beats a minute. Which is higher then usual.

Also, I get this weird feelings in my chest, which make me stop in my tracks, they make me just freeze from fear. That I may be having a heart attack, or something.. They don't really hurt, they just feel really weird, and funny like. Periodicly I do have mild chest pain, but once I do something, to get my mind occupied, it really seems to go away.

If I push in on my left nipple, there seems to be a lump of something.. Like, I really don't know how to discribe it, instead of it being, loose muscle, its like hard, and lump like. So, if I push straight in on my nipple, it hurts. And, if I take my middle and index fingers, and squeeze my nipple, its like a round ball or something. Personally I think this is from my heart, because your heart is on the left side of your body. I think its some sort, of sign.

I seem to be aware, of my pulse alot of the time, like.. I can just be sitting there, and I can feel it all of a sudden, I can feel it in a certain part of my body, or just my chest.. sometimez, both.. and its very freaky..

When, I get worried I seemed to get flushed, like really hot/warm in the face, and neck.. and, then I seem to get light-headed and I think I'm going to fall down..

I sometimes, can't eat.. because I'm scarred it might clog arteries, or something.. I already told you I wasn't very large, but I still worry so much!

Could anyone give any insite?

PS:
Last October I had 3EKG's and they all came back Perfect.
And, in June of this year, I had an Echo done, and that came back perfect.

------------------
Zoider - "It's not the bullet that kills you, it's the hole."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2003, 06:52 PM   #2
Inactive

cutup HB User
Zoider
You are probably fine. It sounds like you are having palpatations. I started having them at 16 or 17. At 17 it is highly unlikely that you would have a heart attack. The palpatations are likely a result of anxiety. When you feel the funny feelings in your chest you start to fixate on it and then it causes more worry and it's a vicious circle.
As for the lump in the nipple. You don't indicate whether you are male or female. In most females and in a lot of males it is just part of puberty. They are very tender and if someone pushed on your chest it would cause a lot of pain and you would probably push them away. If a doctor has not examined you it would probably be a good idea just to mention it at your next visit, but it sounds harmless and I believe is just part of maturation for some individuals. The lumps should eventually go away along with the pain.
Try to relax. You are too young to be so concerned about your health.

Old 09-17-2003, 02:32 PM   #3

dmoore2145 HB User
It really sounds like you might be experiencing panic attacks or anxiety.
You need to describe your feelings to a family docotr or psychologist!

Closed Thread