It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2003, 05:08 PM   #1
(female)

megatron10 HB User
Red face Chest Pains

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what they think is wrong with me, if anything?
Recently I have been having really weird chest pains,on my left side, almost like if I push to touch my chest it hurts, or if I bend in a certain way with my left side it hurts. It doesnt feel like it would be my heart, but Im not sure. I know what heartburn and all that feels like, but this is a different pain, and it comes at different times. Sometimes because I'm lying on my side for too long, or after eating, and its no matter what kind of food I eat, being either lettuce or a greasy burger. I went to my doctor and she listened to my chest and she said my heart and lungs sound perfect, and that it must be muscular, but Im not sure? This worries me. Other friends suggested working out more often because that can help strengthen those muscles if that's what the problem is. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2003, 07:09 PM   #2
Inactive

cutup HB User
Megatron it doesn't sound to me like typical pain caused by a heart condition, but I'm just a hairdresser with a history of heart disease. You might look into costochondritis. Some of the symptoms you describe fit that diagnosis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2003, 09:25 PM   #3

khudsonwv HB User
Cool

this may sound silly - but it could be a gall bladder problem.. my brother had the exact same symtoms and one episode was so bad while he was on vacation that they rushed him to the hospital thinking that he was having a heart attack. Get a complete physical - they might even do a HIDA scan which could rule out the gall bladder.. best of luck

Old 09-25-2003, 04:18 PM   #4
(female)

megatron10 HB User
Smile

Thanks so much for the advice! I looked into the chondritis a bit more, it seems to fit the profile, but I guess I have to get it tested. I dont think its my gall bladder because I only had an Upper GI done recently and i think it would have shown up on that. I am making an appointement to get some test ran though, just to make sure its nothing serious. I really appreciate the help, it's put my mind at ease...for now! Any other opinions would be greatly appreciated though. Thanks guys!

Closed Thread