It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2003, 08:46 PM   #1

khudsonwv HB User
Question post ablasion problems .. anyone else?????

i was diagnosed with PSVTs (brought on 2yrs ago by pregnancy) and went in for ablasion in june - 3 hour procedure - 1 ablasion- did not know what world i was in - no pain etc.. however they could not get all of the areas because of their proximity to my phrenic nerve (controls breathing) and the fear that i would end up on respirator. So I was referred to another hospital out of state that had a newer mapping machine. this one was an 8 hour procedure where they found 5 different types of arrythmias and ablated 9 areas.. this time i felt all of it.. from insertions of the catheters into both groin sites and my neck - to the ablations them selves which were excrutiating. plus for most of the time they kept my heart rate at 240.. it was truly a horrible experience not at all like the first. I do believe they fixed the main problem - i know longer pass out - however now i have totally new symptoms. now my heart seems to beat very hard instead of fast. i have visual disturbances now upon exertion. i am out of rythem most of the time now - constantly having to cough etc to try to get it into sync. My heart rate is slow now too sometimes dropping to between 35-40 bpm. i am 34 and feel like i am 90 and i am sick of telling my kids i am too tired to play ( i was very active before). i also have nerve damage to my right thigh since surgery which is not coming back as i was told (its been 3 months). My cardiologist is contemplating a pacemaker at this point and really want one at this point if it will give me my life back! Is there anyone out there that is or has had a similar experience?? any input would be appreciated...

[This message has been edited by khudsonwv (edited 09-21-2003).]

[This message has been edited by khudsonwv (edited 09-24-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2003, 06:08 PM   #2

complex592 HB User
Sorry to hear your story. From what you said it sounds like the ablation did help your tac PSVT's. Your probably suffering from your bradycardia heart rates. A pacemaker probably would be valuable to you. Find a new elecrophysiologist that you like and trust. You need to see a physician you can trust.
Hope you let me know how you make out.

Old 09-22-2003, 08:08 PM   #3

khudsonwv HB User
thank you for your response - i have the best cardiologist - unfortunately there are only three electrophysiologists in the entire state - the dr who did my first ablasion was awsome - however he did not have the equipment needed to handle my case ( no one else in the state did either) so i was referred to virginia. dr there seemed very knowlegible but didn't seem to care about making me comfortable thru the procedure.. follow up with my cardiologist in 2 weeks will see where it goes from here..

Old 09-27-2003, 06:28 PM   #4

khudsonwv HB User
back in the hospital yesterday.. heart rate 31 - bp 70/50.. felt really awful.. i was hoping someone out there who has had similar problems could give me some input.. probably getting pacemaker this week .. i love the idea if it will help but hate that it has ended up with this at 34 years old... any input would be greatly appreciated..
thanks

Closed Thread