It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2003, 02:28 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paet HB User
Post Heart or Anxiety? Chest pain...

I have had a general strain/pain in my heart area for a few days and shortness of breath when I sing at work (childcare). I also have a pain in my back. My mom is a nurse and she said my heart sounded fine, but my BP was 130/82 and pulse 90-20. That is high for me. I'm overweight, but my BP is usually extremely good. I also have some tingling in my toes occasionally but I am on my feet all day at work. I'm 34. I don't know if I should see a doctor. I feel like I'm a hypochondriac if I go.
I've had anxiety before, but this feels different.
I'm taking 1 aspirin a day now just in case. Should I see the doctor? I know you can't give medical advice, but I want to know if these symptoms warrant a doctor visit. Oh, yeah, I was on Clomid for 5 days so I might possibly be pregant.

Old 09-30-2003, 04:57 AM   #2
Inactive

cutup HB User

Paula, First of all you should not take aspirin without the advice of your doctor. Aspirin can cause complications if you are pregnant as well.

You are young but your symptoms sound to me like they definitely warrant a doctor visit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2005, 10:03 AM   #3
(female)

CLAUDIA2005 HB User
Re: Heart or Anxiety? Chest pain...

Hi. I am 34 yrs old too. I started having a "flutter" feeling about one year and a half ago almost all the time. I went straight to my cardio at Mt. Sinai in NYC. I had a full ECHO and EKG - I was born with a benign murmur and I have been watching it since then. I came out normal. He told me it could be emotional. Now, he is the professor, head, chief whatever you want to call him there and he evaluated me saying that. I said maybe. As soon as I left, it was gone. However, 8 months later I had a anxiety attack while I was driving. Luckily, a residential street. I had complete blurred vision, and the most rapid heartbeat in the world. I had an EKG within the hour, BP was 130/80 and i had no swelling and I calmed down. My dr said: nerves. I wacked out. I was overworking myself and stressed. I am now on Tranxene 7.5 mg a day; it works to relax you. I am half-dosing now, but I started with the heart skipping a beat again. Maybe twice a week if I am stressed. But, let me tell you: it is stress. I never had this before. I was told never to have caffeine, chocolate, too much to drink (which I can't now), teas, anything to trigger the nervous system. You HAVE to relax and maybe you'll need something for it. The more you pay attention to it, you add worry, which adds stress to that subject. Get an ECHO and you'll see you have nothing but emotional problems: and you probably won't know what triggers it. I've been on this subject almost two years now. If we were really sick, we'd be dead. But, we're not. We're going through an emotional time. Hope you feel better.

Old 01-27-2005, 07:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paet HB User
Re: Heart or Anxiety? Chest pain...

Thanks for the advice. I went to the emergency room and had my heart checked out just to be safe. All is fine. They thought the pain had something to do with chest wall inflammation because I had just gotten over being sick. Also, I was really stressed out. I've stopped working in that field since then and it never came back. I'm also on Lexapro, which helps tremendously. So, thank God it wasn't my heart, but I guess it never hurts to check.

Closed Thread