It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2003, 05:47 PM   #1

Minnie_Me HB User
Red face Does anyone know what is causing this?

Hello!

I discovered this site a few months ago and it is great!I finally decided it was time for me to post a question!

Here goes... I am a 16 yr old female with no family history of heart problems

Since I was about 13 yrs old I have been experiencing these odd chest pains that only happen wen I take a deep breath or if I inhale a bit deeper then normal the pain is kind of difficult to describe it is located in the middle of my chest and as i inhale it seems to move up forward like doing near my throat but not exactly up that far(just trying to give a close description)anyways to describe it, it sort of feels sharp quick and just strange.... wen im finishing taking the breath it is completly gone so its maybe a 2-3 second pain

I don't know what is causing this wen i first had it i went to my mom's physican and she started saying she didnt think it was anything to be worried about there are alot of muscles in the chest etc.

I went to my doctor about 2 months ago and he listened to my chest said my heart sounds good and he said that the pain i feel is very common alot of ppl experience it and it is related to the stomach and eating....

the pain is not all the time sometimes i will get it once that day and then a month later get it agian.... or like today i had it about 5 times in 1hr but the thing was i hadn't eat anything i only had a few sips of diet pepsi so thats why i was confused about hte caused by eating part?.....

wen i did have it today....i was getting my school photos back so i was really nervous i dont know if that had anything to do with it?

Sometimes i notice it wen im angry or nervous.... or sometimes i notice it after i have eaten and like i said i might have it once that day and not have it agian for weeks!so I'm wondering does anyone experience chest pain or anything like that wen they inhale?

Also i was wondering does heart related pain happen wen inhaling or taking a deep breath??? because i was told it doesn't but im not sure!!!

I dont have any other symptoms except sometimes (not wen i have the chest pain) i get pain in my left arm like from my elbow to fingers not severe(and does NOT start at the shoulder or anything) and I am LEFT handed so maybe that's why i get this sometimes but i have been reading that left arm pain could be a sign of a heart problem and i am freaking out because I am a major Hypochondriac!

I dont smoke do drugs etc... generally a healthy person!

If anyone could help me out that would be great!

thank u!

Minnie Me

[This message has been edited by Minnie_Me (edited 09-25-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Minnie_Me (edited 09-25-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2003, 04:43 PM   #2

Johnny_Pinto HB User
At sixteen years old a heart condition has a terribly romantic ring to it. Fainting, being swept up into the arms of some tall, dark, muscular hunk who can appreciate your delicate, frail beauty.

Trust me there is nothing romantic about huffing and puffing every time you are on a slight incline. Nothing romantic about being relegated to the lower sea level climate. There is nothing romantic about spending all your surplus income on the yearly deductible and the out of pocket maximum before your insurance covers 100 percent of some test and/or hospitalization--and that is for those who are lucky enough to have excellent health insurance.

There are a number of reasons for chest pain. Digestive problems or acid reflux, gall stones, inflammation of cartilage, muscular-skeletal, being caught by the seat belt in an accident, pleurisy just to name a few explanations for chest pain. You have been seen by a doctor and what you describe does not sound like heart disease. Enjoy life. You will become disabled with heart disease or something else much sooner than you would like. So take to the slopes, scuba dive, dance in the street, run with the bulls, hike, mountain climb, ride the roller coaster, canoe the rapids. Suck the marrow out of life while you can.

Old 09-30-2003, 02:19 PM   #3

tracey2775 HB User
I also get a shart pain in my chest which moves up into my throat when taking a deep breath. Ive been diagnosed with acid reflux and since taking medication for it, its never come back.

------------------
tracey

Closed Thread