It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2003, 08:40 PM   #1

Pcan HB User
Question Abnormal ECG

I am a male, in my early forties on high blood pressure and cholesterol medication. For a number of years now I have had trouble with indigestion. The worst is when the pressure is great and I just can't burp. When I finally do, the burps are long and they always come from the area where I have pain. I've had endoscopys and I have a small polyp that was checked and ruled ok. I was put on Nexium for GERDS and sent for a stress test. Now I am a nervous sort and tests and doctors don't agree with me. After 2 stress tests and an ultrasound of my heart I was told my heart is getting the blood it needs. However I have an abnormal ecg. My doctor wants to send me for an angiogram to rule out blockages. He has said that he dosen't suspect one because the tests showed good blood flow to the heart. He said 30% of the population have abnormal ecg's. Does anyone out there have an abnormal ecg? Also because of my nerves now, when I get stressed from everyday life or excercise, my indigestion flares up and the gas pain now feels like chest pain. However all pain goes away once the burping starts. Is this all in my head or do I really have heart problems.

Old 10-03-2003, 07:02 AM   #2
Inactive

gigi777 HB User
5 years ago i also had an ekg that was abnormal. the next day they did another one and it too was abnormal. at first they said i might have had a heart attack. they did stress test and echo and said all was normal. that was pretty much it. they didnt seemed concerned anymore about the abnormal ekg. i also have chest pain with gerd symptoms. i believe it is heartburn related but still scares me. but here iam 5 years later and no heart attack. I do get alot of palpitations but have had them for 20 years at least. i always worried about the ekg too and glad to see your post about 30% people have them. hope this helps some

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread