It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2003, 05:03 PM   #1

sylviabelle HB User
Unhappy Someone please help

I really need some advice....For the past 2 months or so I've been having really bad chest pain. I'm only 22 and my heart races! I'll just be watching tv and for no reason it goes up to at LEAST 120. After about 10 minutes or so it then starts to hurt as if someone is giving me a bear hug and at that point I can't breathe. I will be walking around and all of the sudden get a black out spell which goes away eventually if I stand still. My blood pressure has also been extremely low, i.e. 80/52 yesterday with a pulse of 116 and all I was doing was sitting at my desk typing. When I get the heart rate thing I feel really disoriented as if I was drunk. I just can't think straight. I feel short of breathe constantly and have had so much blood work that I'm tired of being poked. It's completely affecting my life. I have 2 children who need me and I can't keep going on like this. What can I do to make it go away? It hurts when it gets like this and I don't know what to do? Can someone please help?

Old 10-05-2003, 08:55 PM   #2

khudsonwv HB User
sorry to hear you are feeling so bad - you may have svt, psvt and or inappropriate sinus tachycardia - all of which can cause the symptoms you describe. you need to see a cardiologist who will do a battery of tests including but not limited to a stress test, echocardiogram, tilt table test, holter monitor, event monitor, and yes - more blood work - that hopefully will give you the answers.. i know how you feel - i ended up with 5 different arrythmias - many medicines and 2 ablations later i am getting a pacemaker wed.. i am 34 with a 2 and 8 yr old and will be glad to get my life back and quit being scared and tired... good luck to you - let us know how you do...

[This message has been edited by khudsonwv (edited 10-05-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread