It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2003, 05:00 PM   #1

Atomic Robo Fish HB User
Question Can anyone help? I'm kinda freaked here...

Hiya. I'm 22 Years Old and I'm currently a college student that just got back to school not too long ago. I've been kinda having these weird symptoms ever since I came back.

It started not too long before I was getting ready to go back to school. One night I was sleeping when suddenly I started getting this strange beating/pulsating in my head. But the thing was it was completely painless. No headaches or migranes or anything. (In fact, I haven't had any in a very long time.) But I was still pretty freaked out. Back then it was a lot worse, but now its been calming down. Although I'm still getting them. They usually occur occasionally. (Its usually just one or two beats.) But it always happened when 1.) I'm asleep on the sides of my head. 2.) Occasionally, when I'm chewing food and 3.) When I'm listening to music on my headphones. I also noticed that I'm getting painless pulsations in other parts of my body too. (Usually the legs or arms.) But I was told they were muscle spasms. I checked my heart beat and pulse rate and they were pretty normal. I haven't had any major symptoms like intense chest pains either. I've felt fine, but these pulsations have me worried.

Also recently, something else happened that's been worrying me. During sleep, I felt a tingling sensation on my left arms and legs. It was that feeling when your legs is about to fall asleep. It startled me in the middle of the night. (However this only lasted two days.) Right now as I'm typing this, I'm having a mild tingling sensation in the upper portion of my arm. (Near the hand.)

I don't smoke or drink at all and I'm usually a very calm and laid back person. I also eat pretty healthy too.

Could it be stress related? Before these symptoms occured I was worrying about the coming quarter and whether or not I would do well in my classes. (My parents also had some friction over the summer. But it didn't last.) Please help me out. I've recently been worrying about Heart Attack and Stroke and 22 is just too young for me to be talking about this kind of stuff. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2003, 06:00 PM   #2

Carrie830 HB User
Hey i dont have much info for you but my guess would be it's not your heart and it could be due to stress! The best thing to do would be to make an appt. with your doctor to be on the safe side and plus you'll feels lots better afterwards http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif Good luck though and take care

Closed Thread