It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2003, 09:49 PM   #1

cindeerella29 HB User
Angry Swollen Feet/Ankles/Legs and heart probs, maybee

Ok if you read my previous post on "I think I had a heart attack." You will know abit more info about me, but lately my lower legs, feet, and ankles have been really swollen, I am NOT pregnant, and have not been eating salty foods, also I am not on my period, nor PMSing. I can press on my ankles (which is what is mainly swollen) and can leave an indentation about 1 1/2-2" deep, I have had this happen before and went to a urgent care clinic, basically the dr told me it was normal if it is hot out, it's been cold here, about 70's, she tested me for rhematiod arthritis, and gout, and those came back negative. Along with the swelling my left arm in the bicep had been feeling like it wants to cramp, and that my arm is heavy/numb/yet hurts, I can't really explain it well. ANd also on my left side in my upper back I can feel pain, can't really tell where its coming from in my back but know its there. I am stil having high blood pressure, and I was wondering if maybe I have CHF or something, if so, do I have to have a fast heart rate? And also what other tests besides a chest x-ray can they do to determine if it is CHF? Also, someone PLEASE give me some more info on perimyopathy, and cardimyopathy...cause I still have this chest pressure, and also I was wondering if its possible to have the symptoms of arm hurting, and swelling of the legs, and have a heart attack wayyy after these symptoms persist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2003, 07:28 AM   #2
Inactive

cutup HB User

Congestive heart failure will cause the swelling you describe. The pain you describe sounds like you could have heart blockage, but that may also be symptoms of CHF. I just don't know a lot about CHF. Have you had a cardiac workup lately? Your symptoms seem troubling enough that I would be extremely concerned.
I don't exactly understand the last question you asked, but if you are saying can you have those kinds of symptoms for a long period and then have a heart attack I would say yes. I was having symptoms like you described for 6 weeks prior to anything being found and treated. I was fortunate enough to have not had a heart attack, but I believe I was not far from it. Have you had these symptoms during activity or while resting? If they began only with activity and now are occuring with activity and at rest you could have blockage that is worsening. What you describe sounds to me like you need to be in the emergency room. It seems to me that at least a thallium stress test needs to be done.

[This message has been edited by cutup (edited 10-11-2003).]

Old 10-11-2003, 11:21 AM   #3

parkermom HB User
I'm sorry, but have you posted previously about a heart condition?? Step one is to see a Cardiologist ASAP! If you are having CHF, it is very manageable. You will be given a diuretic to start off with. You need a chest x-ray and an Echocardiogram. Please see a cardiologist soon

Closed Thread