It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2003, 12:59 PM   #1

Blue2U HB User
Post what to do now?

About 4 months ago, I had an episode (the first one) while in the shower. I started getting this "drop" feeling, like I was on a roller coaster. When I got out of the shower, my pulse rate was high, I was dizzy and fainted. My son ended up calling 911, the paramedics showed up. My heart rate was 186 and my blood pressure was up. By the time we got to the hospital I had passed out 3 more times. Once we arrived at the hospital by pulse / pressure were back down. I was at the hospital for about 3 hours, without any reoccurance, when out of the blue ...I felt it coming ....the same dropping feeling and everything began to happen just like it did earlier. I was sent home with a holter monitor to wear for 24 hours and told to see a cardiologist.

I had chest x-rays, ekg, ecg (differance??). The cardiologist said my heart was fine, not to worry.

Now, I continue to have this problem every month. It just so happens that I have it the week before my period starts and continue to have it for the first few days of my cycle.

I had it horrible yesterday. My boyfriend was with me and I was laying there and he was hugging me. When he noticed that I became very hot and that my heart beat was beating wildly and loudly. Yes, I started my period the day before.

I've had blood tests run, thyroid functions, etc. Today, I'm sitting here and my hear feels "heavy". Sometimes when I get it my arms start tingling hot but my hands are freezing.

Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2003, 02:21 PM   #2

Joe210 HB User
Not sure what it could be but I wanted to say that I have had 6 spells in the last two months with the "drop" feeling then my heart goes racing. It has got near 200bpm but it does calm down afterwards... I feel worse after it happens though and when it is happening I feel like I am going to pass out. The first idea was a panic attack and now my doctor doesn't think so since it is worse every time and after it happens I fell a whole lot worse then I did. I have also had the heavy feeling and I get real hot at times... my hands can be like ice too. When I put my hand on my chest or head it feel like they are buring up at times.... I still don't know what is causing it. I am getting a 30 day heart monitor so they can catch it when it happens and see where it came from.

Later,

Joe.

Old 01-19-2004, 12:47 PM   #3
Veteran

abbygirl2 HB User
Re: what to do now?

Hi, I have similar symptoms, although I have never passed out. Have come mighty close though. I get the jump in heart rate, cold hands, tingly etc. They tell me its panic attacks, and since I have a heart condition they are always quick to check my heart out. I on top of all that get arrythmias/skipped beats on occassion.
Anyway the reason I wanted to write you a message was not because I have your symptoms but because I was told that some women get really wild heart feelings, skipped beats, heavy feelings etc, around the time of their period. I know of one woman who had to be put on something so she would only get a period every 3 months because it made her feel so horrible. Definately talk to your Dr about getting your hormones checked, maybe someone else on here knows more about hormones and can advise you as to which tests should be done.

Hope this helps.

Closed Thread