It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2003, 08:25 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

rc1975 HB User
Post chest pains

i am a 29 yr old male. i have been getting chest pains the last week. how can u differ from a heart problem compared to heartburn or indigestion. i went to the er friday night and they did an ekg and said it was ok. the funny thing is i go on the treadmill about 4 days a week and it doesnt bother me when i mexercising. but i get these sharp pains and arm pain and it scares me.
any ideas or suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2003, 09:11 PM   #2

Carrie830 HB User
I couldnt really tell you what it is but my guess would be its not heart related! Chest pain can be caused by all sorts of different things, if you've been to the e.r already while having these pains and they didnt find anytihng wrong i wouldnt worry to much about them unless they start getting worse! I think you should make a follow up appt with your family doctor and let him no whats been going on, just to be on the safe side and give you a bit of peace! i'm only 27 and i have chest pains all the time, the doctor never did figure out what was causing them! Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2003, 09:19 AM   #3
Inactive

cutup HB User
rc it is sometimes very difficult to tell the difference between the pain of heartburn and the pain of a heart condition. I had heartburn for years but the pain I experienced with my heart was much more intense. It made me sweat and I couldn't hardly breathe. One of the warning signs of a heart attack is an impending feeling of doom. I truly thought I was going to die. Even after the ER told me I was fine twice I remember telling them I'm afraid you are going to send me home thinking this is acid reflux and I'm going to die from a heart attack. If you are not and haven't been having pain while exercising on a treadmill it probably is not your heart. I will tell you though that I was able to run on the treadmill during my first stress test and it showed absolutely nothing. Other times just walking across a parking lot made me short of breath. Not sure why that didn't happen that day. You are young it sounds like you exercise regularly so I would say it would be a slim chance that it is your heart causing your pain. If it continues or happens while you are exercising I would definitely been seen by your doctor. Good luck.

Closed Thread