It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2003, 03:18 PM   #1

michigan girl HB User
Post Tired of feeling this way,what is wrong?

Hello all,I hope some one out there can shed some light on this for me.The past 4 months I have not been feeling well,I have been experiencing papls,light headedness,tired all the time,rapid heat beat at rest and excertion,upset stomaches,chest pains,loss of balance on one accasion and at times my head feels funny as in I just don't feel good.I have gone in and seen my doctor,he has done a halter test,blood work,the halter test revealed a rapid heart beat but nothing more,blood work was normal.So he sent me to a cardiologist,the cardiologist did blood work,stress test and a echo,I have an app. on the 14 to go back to the cardiologist for my results but I couldn't wait that long so I called my regular doctor which recieved my results,my reg. doctor told me everything looks fine except the halter test which revealed a rapid hear beat.My ? is has anyone else had these symtoms and if so what was the cause?

------------------
God bless you and yours

Old 10-08-2003, 04:00 PM   #2
Inactive

cutup HB User
Michigan girl I just wanted to tell you that I hope this is something that is easily treated. I don't know what causes a rapid heart beat, but you were smart getting in a checking it out. I would guess that since they are not rushing to get you to the cardiologist that it must not be something life threatening. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2003, 06:08 PM   #3
Inactive

Gary777 HB User
I've had every symptom you've had, except for chest pains.

They only thing they found wrong with me was a low thyroid. Not sure if that's the cause or not.

Odd isn't it?? I've always figured it was some imbalance of some chemicals or hormones or something. Sometimes I wonder if I just need to rest more. Who knows. I'm with you!

Also, try magnesium supplements, as well as a good B-complex supplement.

Gary

Quote:
Originally posted by michigan girl:
Hello all,I hope some one out there can shed some light on this for me.The past 4 months I have not been feeling well,I have been experiencing papls,light headedness,tired all the time,rapid heat beat at rest and excertion,upset stomaches,chest pains,loss of balance on one accasion and at times my head feels funny as in I just don't feel good.I have gone in and seen my doctor,he has done a halter test,blood work,the halter test revealed a rapid heart beat but nothing more,blood work was normal.So he sent me to a cardiologist,the cardiologist did blood work,stress test and a echo,I have an app. on the 14 to go back to the cardiologist for my results but I couldn't wait that long so I called my regular doctor which recieved my results,my reg. doctor told me everything looks fine except the halter test which revealed a rapid hear beat.My ? is has anyone else had these symtoms and if so what was the cause?

Old 10-09-2003, 09:08 AM   #4

vampslayer HB User
I have the EXACT symptoms that you do, minus the chest pains. But I am also having whopper dizzy spells that leave my absolutely no time advance time to do anything about them. I also went to the cardiologist and the internist. My anemia level was low and my thyroid was low. I was put on iron pills, an antibiodic (for possible ear infection), thyroid medicine and a nose spray (to see if it is sinuses). I am tired of not feeling well.

My dr. actually thinks that I have some valve syndrome...but he wants me to wear a monitor for amonth. I am still thinking about that. He says if it shows up that I have it, I would be put on a low dose of beta blocker that would help me.

Good luck!

Old 10-09-2003, 12:07 PM   #5
(male)

GodChaser777 HB User
Really sounds like its stress and anxiety.

Old 10-09-2003, 09:11 PM   #6

Lexi819 HB User
I am experiencing the same symptoms, but again, not with chest pain. I have been through all the tests, and since the docs cant seem to find anything wrong with me, they have diagnosed me with "Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia," but to be honest, I don't like that diagnosis since it seems like a cop-out. Let me ask you, though, are you female? I am, and ever since this all started, my periods are really messed up. They are very light, sometimes non-existent, and I am not pregnant (this has been going on for about 10 months now). When I asked my gyno about it, she said it was my body adjusting to being off birth control (again, when this all started, the docs told me to get off the pill since they thought it was causing things...well, they were wrong, and I am yet to get back on it). So, I will be seeing here again in a few weeks...maybe she can post some new light on things...but I hear ya...I am sick of feeling like this as well. Oh yea, they tested my thyroid, the last time being in May, and they claimed I was in the normal range (actually, all the blood tests they did were normal...)...but I know something is going on, and I just keep telling myself that hopefully this is something that will be diagnoised sooner than later, and some simple medication could help it.

Old 10-10-2003, 07:05 AM   #7
(female)

bee HB User
I had some of your symptoms too and I found out about a week and a half ago that my thyroid is hyper.....i have read up on symptoms and everyone on the thyroid site have been wonderful....it can mess up your cycle including slowing down or not having your period.I am still new to the thyroid information and everything so i don't know if you can test for it and it be ok...and then another test will maybe come back borderline or off kilter? It is worth checking into though as you just never know.....oh...also there is noone on either side of my family that is aware of thyroid problems in my family....I just wanted to share this with you...maybe post a question on the thyroid board about your test being normal....?
Take care,
Heather

Old 10-10-2003, 07:49 AM   #8

michigan girl HB User
Thx so much for all the replies and advice,I am female and have been on the depo shot.My doctor did test my thyroid and it all looks fine,so I am back to square one again not knowing whats going on with me.It has been suggested to me that it may be stress, anxiety or depression.Everything in my life is the same as it was a year ago except the symptoms I am having.It is possible that it could be depression as I have a class action lawsuit going on over a home and property that I feel was stolen from me by a morgage company but that is a long story.I am going back in to see cardiologist next week so I will surely talk to him about everything you guys have suggested it could be.Hopefully we can get a grip on this soon as this is taking a big toll on me and my family.Thx again for your replies and support.

Old 10-10-2003, 11:09 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User

The stress and anger and anxiety over this law suit could finally be taking it's toll. Often psychosomatic symptoms present themselves late....Even though you feel everything in your life is the "same as it was a year ago"...It's not really. You've been going through a law suit!

The doctors seem to be doing everything thoroughly, so it sounds more and more like you really are okay physically.

There's a theory that when we are highly stressed, what better way to take ourselves "out of the picture" (unconsciously) than to not feel well. Some people call it conversion anxiety, where we feel so overwhelmed with "stuff" that we convert the anxiety into bodily sensations.

Hoping you start to feel better soon. It will be good to talk with the cadiologist who I am sure will allay your concerns about there being something "really" wrong.

By the way, how are you eating?
How are you sleeping?
Do you exercise on a regular basis (and I mean even just walking?)
Do you smoke? (It's okay...I'm not going to say anything "lecture-y" except it can contribute vastly to fatigue and fast heart rate etc.)

zuzu xxx

Old 10-10-2003, 01:14 PM   #10

michigan girl HB User
Hi zuzu8,I am a smoker but preparing for a quit day.Most mornings I do not eat breakfast,I try to eat lunch when I have time,I always have dinner and rarely eat snacks in the evenings.The last couple months my sleeping haven't been very good,Some times I sleep on the couch cuz I can't fall asleep in bed and most mornings I don't feel refreshed from my nights rest.I haven't been exercising on the advice of my doctor.At this point I have only been named in the lawsuit,it is a class action lawsuit so I do not need to be directly involved in it.But you are right that I am stressed out due to the lawsuit because I will never get back the home I lived in for 13 years and the home where my kids grew up and the morgage company will never realy have to pay for what they did to us and alot of other people.But I have to go on with my life and deal with what has been delt to me.

------------------
God bless you and yours

Old 10-10-2003, 04:04 PM   #11
Inactive

cutup HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by michigan girl:
Most mornings I do not eat breakfast,I try to eat lunch when I have time,I always have dinner and rarely eat snacks in the evenings.
michigan girl you didn't ask but I'm going to let you know anyway. Skipping breakfast and only sometimes lunch is a mistake many women make. It is fasting and when you fast and then eat a big dinner it can raise your triglycerides. As a hairstylist I did this for years. Rarely ate breakfast occasionally had lunch, would snack some in between to hold me over and then when I got home I felt famished and would eat a heavy dinner. Don't do it you are setting yourself up for trouble.

Old 10-10-2003, 04:46 PM   #12

michigan girl HB User
cutup,I agree skipping breakfast and lunch isn't good for me.I have made some changes with eating since I went to the doctors,I now do eat alittle something for breakfast so I can take my beta blocker and I have been trying to eat lunch every day.I also eat a small snack in the evenings so I can take my night time beta blocker.These changes are routine for me now and I know that by doing this I am eating the way I should be.My bestfriend had been getting on me for years about eating breakfast and lunch,I guess some times it take a health scare to make people eat the way they should.

------------------
God bless you and yours

Old 10-14-2003, 12:54 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User
Hi again-
You forgot to tell us you were on a beta blocker in your original post....did the cardiologist prescribe it?
Also, just curious, which doctor advised against exercise and for what reason?

zuzu xx

Old 10-14-2003, 09:17 AM   #14

michigan girl HB User
My regular doctor put me on the beta blocker for rapid heart rate.It was also my regular doctor that told me no execise until I got results back from cardiologist reason I assume is so that if there was a problem with the heart I didnt put any more pressure on the heart than nessary.I have just gotten back from the cardiologist and everything is fine with my heart.I am going to see my regular doctor at 2:15 today to see what else to do.

Closed Thread