It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2003, 05:06 PM   #1

manofliquid HB User
Unhappy Trouble breathing and pains

When I press on the center of my chest it hurts only the center though. The chest pains usually stop and go through out the day.

When trying to breath its hard for me Iam usually out of breath and trouble taking deep breaths.

This is now the third day this has been happening but not the first time. It has happened before but it went away in a day.

Now since this is the third day it is slowly going away, Its easier for me to breath and almost no chest pains but I have one more problem. When this happened on the second day I started getting pains in my left shoulder and in my neck. I just want to know what is happening to me and should I be worried, does anyone know what is wrong and what I can do they make this go away and why am I reciving shoulder pain.

Old 10-13-2003, 06:04 PM   #2
Inactive

cutup HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by manofliquid:
When I press on the center of my chest it hurts only the center though. The chest pains usually stop and go through out the day.

Being short of breath and pain in the left shoulder and neck could be an indication of a heart related problem, but it shouldn't cause pain when pressing on the center of your chest.
It could be muscular pain or costochondritis, but if you think it's your heart you should be seen by your doctor.

[This message has been edited by cutup (edited 10-13-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2003, 01:46 PM   #3

manofliquid HB User
What do you think this is though because when pressing on the center of my chest I dont feel pain always just sometimes but Iam really scared about my shoulder and being out of breath why does that happen and how can I prevent it from happening is this something really serious? Iam so scared and Iam still a teen.

Old 10-14-2003, 01:57 PM   #4
Inactive

cutup HB User
You probably should be seen by a doctor. Do your parents know how you are feeling? I agree that a teen should not have shortness of breath. Tell your parents and get to the doctor to have yourself checked out.

Old 10-14-2003, 03:01 PM   #5

manofliquid HB User
Its slowly going away I think this is the fourth day and Iam beginning to breathe normally and my left shoulder feels a lot better. Can this be caused by me sitting incorectlly. I sit at my computer for long periods of time and my left shoulder would just start to hurt and one day I woke up and my left shoulder hurt so much that I couldent even turn my head. I dont know why it starts to hurt but I think I sit a little slouched on my chair and maybe this is why.

Right now just I just feel some pain in my neck when I tilt it to the back but it feels a lot better then how it used to.

I started searching on google about one of those things you said I cant remember the name right now it start with a "c" and a lot of what came up fits in whats causing me my pains like I cant cant catch my breath when I take a deep breath but after a few times of trying or yawning then its normal.

I was just really scared shaking that I had a heart attack or something.

Old 10-15-2003, 10:54 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

sonic HB User
Hi,,,
I ended up in the ER twice this yr b/c of chest pains,,,they ran ALL kinds of tests,,,all normal,,today I went to a cardiologist,,he said everything looks fine,
he said I "may" have pulled a musle?? Maybe thats what you did?
The hosp. would not give me anything 4 the pain,,,just said to take some advil.. Im scheduled for a stress test next month..
I hope you feel better,,,& yes,,,you need to see a dr! & pleas e tell your parents
Good luck~

Closed Thread