It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2003, 09:26 AM   #1

lisatee HB User
Post fast pulse now slow after infection????WHY

I'm very confused!!! I have always had a fast pulse, suffered with pvc's and palpitations for years, I've had panic attacks when my pulse races to 190 and I'm on lorazapam to ease those. I'm 44. My heart has always bothered me when I'm nervous, I'm on toprol which kept my resting pulse at about 76-80. Two weeks ago I had an infection in my elbow, bursitis possibly. Its was swelled, tender and infected. The first night of infection and pain my pulse was 140 all night. After starting the motrin my pulse went to normal. So it must have been the pain and fever. I also soaked my elbow in epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) for a couple of days which took the swelling and infection out pretty good. Now heres the question. My resting pulse is now 68, I have felt really calm since the infection. I called and spoke with a cardiologist and was told that 68 is a good thing and the last time I was in the Dr. office my pulse was 114. Although most of that is usually nerves since I have panic attacks. Any way, She said maybe because my pulse was so fast it could have changed my heartbeat. I'm so confused as to why all of a sudden I'm slow. It almost bothers me as much as when its fast, I also have more palps and pvc when its slower I notice. I was told to take my lorazapam its just my nerves. It may be a good thing but I was worried that the infection or fever has done something to my heart. I also hear alot about taking magnesium, is it crazy to think the soaking in epsom salt did anything. Has anyone else had anything like this?????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread