It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2003, 10:56 AM   #1

VTMorningDove HB User
Post is it a heart spasm?

I have been having terrible chest pains that at times go into my left arm for a few months. I also feel like my heart stops for a moment then re-starts and I feel like I cannot breathe. I went to my family doctor who in turn sent me to a cardiologist. I had a stress test and pictures of my heart taken after they put dye in. The doctor told me what I was experiencing was heart spasms and to continue taking my nitro when they happened. I have been reading about heart spasms and none seem to have the symptoms I have, (chest pains). Is there another name for this? I went to several medical sites but they all use "doctor language" and I have no clue what they are talking about.
Any help is appreciated.

Old 10-17-2003, 11:55 AM   #2
Inactive

cutup HB User
I have had artery spasms now since my stent and bypass. There seems to be nothing in particular that I can pinpoint that causes it. It feels like you are going to have heart attack though. It hurts in my chest more now, but it use to be in my left arm alot too. This morning I had it and I could feel it in the left side of my neck. I didn't take nitro because the pain wasn't severe. I usually will wait to see if it is going to away on its own. It is very frightening though. Heartcenteronline has some good information on all sorts of heart disorders.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread