It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2003, 02:01 PM   #1

mikeb222 HB User
Post help, is it heart?

Hi,
I have been looking all around the web for help, so i'm hoping you guys can advise me.
I am a fortysomething male with a history of chest ache behind the sternum (8 years), no treatment apart from Ibroprofen, as Doctor thinks it's skeletal.

Two months ago I started having sharp pains same area, like someone sticking a pin inside my chest, my heart started pounding 24/7, which stopped my usual good nights sleep. Also, pins and needles in my left arm and aches and pains in neck and shoulders.

I have had an ecg and blood pressure and x-ray all normal. My doctor has given me steroid injection in the chest which seemed to ease the sharp pains, but the pounding is worse than ever.

I just don't know what to make of it all. It feels like heart to me but nobody else seems to think so as I look well. One night after feeling nausea and dhiarria with all the other things, I even took myself to a & e. Again, no real concern.

If anyone else has had same problems I would be thankful of some advice.

Old 10-17-2003, 02:59 PM   #2
(female)

Gemi_Lee HB User
Hi I just had a heart attack 6 days ago which I will never ever forget!!!I'm a female so sometimes the Dr.'s treated us a little differently since our pain doesn't signal a heart attack!
I had been having a burning sensation in my chest that ran down my arms for about a week on & off which I though was indigestion.
When I went to the ER that morning they thought the same thing indegestion...they even done several EKG's nothing showed up on it.
Until the pain got so bad I could hardly stand it then they hook me back up on the EKG....then the Dr. thought hmmm...maybe she is having a heart attack.
My advice would be don't give up! My EGK showed no signs of heart stress until 4th time hooking me up!
Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread