It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2003, 10:08 AM   #1
bmwtundra0601

Unhappy Mitral valve and aortic leakage/CHF

I'm so confused and scared. If anyone can help with a suggestion please do so. I was diagnosed in 9/2002 with a mild mitral valve leakage also aortic valve inflammed also leaking.I had a echo. 6/2003 It has progressed to moderate. My cardologist in Houston,Tx (I relocated to Lancaster,Pa spouse job)just when my Dr. was to set out plans to follow. I feel worse than ever I can hardly walk now my ankles have swollen so much, I try walking my laps I can't , If I miss one day from taking fluid tabs(demedex) I swell up. So I decided to find a cardiologist her in Lancaster. I went on yesterday,This guy says my heart is strong which my last cardiologist told me this in Houston,but he said the leaking will worsen and make my heart weaker. I believe this is true Mm grandmother passed last October from PPh. I can remember as a child growing up, all the doctors ever said was that she had an enlarghed heart, what caused it we never knew .It's could have started from valve leakage but doctors in the past was not as knowleagble as they are suppose to be now. Her heart when she died was the size of footbal.I have all the symptons. Shortnes of breath when lying down, tired all the time (vitamins don't help) swollen feet ankles and legs weight gain,I can't lose weight I've tried everything.This fluid is unbearable. If i miss one dose I blow up. I really don't eat maybe once or twice a day everything makes me full. I may taake a bite or 2. I can't think straight.

The Dr. I saw on yesterday says I need a sleep study he believes the problem is my lungs not my heart. He actually ignored the valve problems,while I steadily retaing fluid which makes it hard to move.He went by the test results that I should not have given him from my previous cardiologist which indicated that my heart is strong but the leaking is making it weak and that I need to be under a cardiologist in Lancaster, I'm scared please any advice is welcomed

------------------
Reishell

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread