It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2003, 06:19 AM   #1

Nikechic29 HB User
Question Sternum-Chest Pain

I have a big knot still on the right side of my chest, its my sternum and when you barely touch it, it feels very bruised, it feels like it is out of place. Its causing me alot of pain and I have shortness of breath at times.Does anyone know what this might be, Is it hurting because the bone is possibly cracked or out of place? Do you know if this will heal on it's on as time goes on or is it something that will need surgery? I'm very scared, Please Help if you have any answers at all, thanks you so much xxxooo

Old 09-15-2003, 10:04 AM   #2

carebear73 HB User
could possibly be costochondritis. I have that right now.. or at least I hope so. I get pain in my sternum and on the left side of my chest, shoulder and down my arm. It is painful to the touch and often feels hot. I have trouble sleeping because of the pain. I also have trouble breathing. Like I can't take a deep breath and someone is sitting on my chest. I had it a few months ago and went to the ER because I was in terrible pain. Had an ekg and chest xray. All normal. The doctor pressed on my ribcage and I was in unbelievable pain. So he said it was the inflamation of the cartilige between my ribs. It is very painful. Last time, I just took ibuprofin and put ice on it and rested for 3 days straight. Which is really hard to do when you have a 3 year old daughter! hehe. After completely resting it went away. Now it is back so I am trying to rest as much as possible. Did you do any heavy lifting or been excersing lately? Sometimes it can be caused by a virus. Hope this helps some. Keep us posted on how you make out. Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2003, 09:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lovemythreeguys2002 HB User
I was doing a search and found this....I also think I have this. If I press on my sternum, a little to the right, I feel a knot, I guess it's my bone? and it HURTS...then it goes real soft next to that, is this where the breast tissue starts?

It's a little tender of the left side, but not as bad and I don't feel this knot/bone as much. A while ago, I told my dr about this and he brought in a machine into the exam room and hooked me up, told me I was fine...do I need more tests?

I am 35 yrs old.......it doesn't really hurt to take a breath, mostly just a mild pain until I press on that area.....help!

Old 10-22-2003, 11:34 AM   #4
(male)

amdaily HB User
I suspect I have costochondritis as well. My chest doesn't hurt to touch, but when lifting weights, doing a sit up, or sneezing I'm in alot of pain. This has been going on for at least a year .

Closed Thread