It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2003, 04:26 AM   #1

FabFourMan HB User
Post HELP PLEASE PALPITATIONS!

Hi...I'm a 46 year old man who's never had any heart problems...or any health problems either praise the Lord. In the last six weeks I've been having episodes of Palpitaions/ skipped beats. They started as 15 second episodes once a day....for about 2 weeks...Then I went to the Doctor...he told me not to worry everything (Pulse etc..) sounded fine. Over the next week or so...it stopped for three days then came back again, basically once a day but longer (like 5 minutes of intermittent fluttering...OH AND IMPORTANT TO NOTE: While my pulse is going Beat-Beat-Beat-skip-beat-beat-beat-beat-skip-beat.....the pulse is ALWAYS 70-76...it doesn't speed up. Ok (sorry for being long winded)so I go back to the doctors and he gives me an Electro Cardiogram (with 5 minutes of the papls) and it's PERFECT. Again, tells me go home these things 'happen'. (PS: I'm not saying I don't believe him, it's just this seems so weird to me). Lastly, over the last 2 weeks...things change again....now I get them, still normal pulse with skips...but the episodes last 20-25 minutes once or twice a day. Here's my problem: With no money and no insurance....I don't want to keep going back to him with every extra 'oh now it's doing this...now it's doing that'. So, my question is simple...Does this happen to anyone else? Almost daily 10-20 minutes worth of Palps with skipped beats? They have no ryhme nor reason ....although sometimes it seems they come after bowel movement ...IBS -C...little strain, then Palp time. I keep reading that it's normal (and Lord knows, I am stressed right now (Damn Yankees!) but I think I want to hear from someone else.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2003, 04:51 AM   #2
(female)

dizzy572 HB User
I believe they become more common as we age. My Mother was in her early 50's when she had them for a period of time off and on all day. She wore a holter monitor and everything checked out ok. She is now 74 and still gets them once in a while. I woouldn't worry.

Old 10-24-2003, 07:08 AM   #3
Inactive

gigi777 HB User
I have the same thing. Have had this now for many years. It flares up for awhile then goes away. Sometimes my beats are irregular for weeks at a time. Ive had all the work ups(echo & treadmill)and they came back normal. They say just to live with it. But it is HARD to live with and very scary. I know stress and fear make them worse. But ive had them a long time now and im well so hope that helps you some.
take care!
jeanne

Closed Thread