It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2003, 08:53 PM   #1

Michelle4B HB User
Post My heart is making me CRAZY!

I was diagnosed with SVT almost 2 yrs. ago. After having tests, the electrophysiologist and my cardiologist said that since my heart is healthy and completely normal, that it's not life threatening. I can only recall one episode of the ventricular tachycardia and it was when I was wearing a holter monitor, I can remember that it felt like my heart went nuts for a few seconds. Never felt that again. There were a few times I've had episodes of heart palpitations (the sensation that my heart is skipping a beat). The last time I had an episode was when my brother died and I had almost constant palpitations for 3 weeks. I'd say about 3-5 palps per min. That was about 2 years ago. I still get maybe 5 or so palpitations that I notice PER DAY. Now all of a sudden out of the blue, I'm getting about 3-5 per minute. This has been going on for about 3 days and it's freaking me out! I know they say not to worry but I can't stand it. I do drink caffeinated coffee, I am a smoker. I'm 32 yrs. old. I'm not overweight and I try to watch what I eat. I just don't understand why all of a sudden after 2 yrs., the heart palpitations are back in full force. It's making me so anxious that I can't think of anything else but my heart! I'm sure others have or do experience this, how do you cope with it? I'm thinking of going to see my cardiologist on Monday if it doesn't calm down by then. I see him once a year (every March) and my last appt. was great, the holter mon. showed nothing and my stress test was normal.

Thanks for listening

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2003, 09:01 PM   #2

dettiger2003 HB User
Well the first thing you should do is quit smoking and drinking caffine that could be some of the reasons that your heart is acting up...Good Luck

Old 10-25-2003, 10:13 PM   #3

tweetum15 HB User
Try the welbutrin! My brother-in-law smoked for 20 plus years and tried many times to quit. He got a prescription from his doctor for Welbutrin and stopped the first day he was on it. He said he never even felt an urge to smoke from the first pill on.. and its been several years and he hasn't had one since. He works with several smokers all day and is around smokers during hunting season and other times of the year and that was what made it hard to quit but has never had the urge to light up since the started the Welbutrin. He was on the welbutrin for approximately 2 months. Good luck and I really think you should ask your doctor about it.

Old 10-25-2003, 10:37 PM   #4
Inactive

cutup HB User
Michelle I have to agree with the other poster. If you are smoking and drinking caffeinated beverages it is no wonder that you are having problems. You can't keep doing something as unhealthy as smoking and not expect a backlash eventually. Have you ever thought of trying Wellbutrin? I've heard that it is worked for some people.

Closed Thread