It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2003, 10:36 PM   #1

jwass HB User
Question i forgot...one more situational symptom

i also get fluttering when i bend over. a few times, bending over has kicked my heart into a very erratic rhythm for about 30 seconds. it was so frightening. i found myself coughing to try to get my heart back to a normal state. does anyone experience this and if so, can you please describe it in detail.

thank you.

Old 10-21-2003, 05:54 PM   #2

lisatee HB User
Smile

Hi, My heart did that alot last year. After I started on my toprol it quit doing that. I would have to cough too. They did think my anxiety caused alot of it. You should get it checked out if you haven't yet. But try not to get too nervous about it. Our bodies sure put us through alot somethimes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2003, 06:01 PM   #3

lisatee HB User
I guess I should have described it. I couldn't bend over or squat to do anything. (Like a deep knee bend). It would do it when I stood back up. I still get a funny flutter once in a while but not as often as it did. When I feel anxious those flutters come on strong and I take lorazapam. I take 1/2 of a low dose and try not to take more than 2 or 3 a week. They've helped me so much that sometimes I think if it was my heart I don't think the nerve pill would help. And if it makes you a little more at ease, I've been doing this off and on for about 20 years. But just started meds a year ago. Hope you feel better.

Old 10-21-2003, 06:03 PM   #4

lisatee HB User
I guess I should have described it. I couldn't bend over or squat to do anything. (Like a deep knee bend). It would do it when I stood back up. I still get a funny flutter once in a while but not as often as it did. When I feel anxious those flutters come on strong and I take lorazapam. I take 1/2 of a low dose and try not to take more than 2 or 3 a week. They've helped me so much that sometimes I think if it was my heart I don't think the nerve pill would help. And if it makes you a little more at ease, I've been doing this off and on for about 20 years. But just started meds a year ago. Hope you feel better.

Old 10-21-2003, 06:08 PM   #5

lisatee HB User
Hello again, don't think I'm crazy for posting so many times. I posted the second one and I got an error message. Had to restart and it wasn't showing up so wrote again. Then they both posted. I have anxiety but I'm not crazy.lol

Old 10-22-2003, 07:05 AM   #6

jwass HB User
Thanks so much for replying. Yes, our bodies do put us through a lot sometimes. It's not so bad though, when we know it's harmless. Scary and unsettling at times, but hopefully harmless. I too take Lorazapam occasionally at nighttime. I seem to feel more anxious and now I am startling more easily at night. It's strange. I am 31 years old. I just want to feel "normal" again! ; )

Old 10-22-2003, 07:37 AM   #7

beckysma HB User
jwass, from your posts I'm gonna guess you are probably having PVC's. PVC's are generally harmless.

Have it checked out, for your piece of mind!

Old 10-22-2003, 12:52 PM   #8

jwass HB User
could you tell me what pvc's are? thanks.

Old 10-25-2003, 03:07 PM   #9
(female)

Sheilia01 HB User
jwass..I also had that happen to me. I bent down to pick up a spoon from the floor and my heart went crazy. I guess it lasted about 30-45 seconds and then just started beating normally again. It scared me to death..I went into a panic! What's weird is, as soon as my heart went back to normal, the panic just stopped. It made me wonder if my heart "caused" the panic or did I cause it from being scared. Not sure. But anyway, I have had the bending over thing happen 3 times in the last year. It doesn't feel like my heart is actually beating when it happens, but more like it is fluttering or something. My heart has been skipping beats,(not really skipping, they say)thumping,jumping, rolling over etc... for 10 years now. I haven't gone one single day without it happening. Some days it will do it 100's of times, other days maybe only once or twice. I went to acouple Dr.s, had all kinds of tests done. They all came back normal. I was told it was just stress and to quit smoking. Nicotine causes heart skips too. I haven't been to a Dr. since the bending over things have happened. I never had that happen until this past year. Anyway, I couldn't believe it when I read your post about the bending over thing. I thought I was the only one it had ever happened to. Anyone else ever have the weird bending over thing happen? If so, please post.

Old 10-26-2003, 01:44 PM   #10

jwass HB User
PinkBlazer...thanks for your response. It does make it a little easier to know others have experienced something similiar and were also told everything is o.k. The erratic episode only happened a couple of times. I think I was also dehydrated at the time, which a couple of cardiologists have said can play a factor. My heartrate went back to normal after as well. It just felt crazy for that half a minute though. I also have a pretty fast resting heartrate as it is. I think I'm usually around 90 beats per minute. Sometimes it speeds up significantly upon standing or getting out of bed. Does anyone else experience this? It seems those of us with sensitive hearts seem to feel so much more...literally!

Old 10-27-2003, 10:29 AM   #11
(female)

Sheilia01 HB User
jwass..I have a fast, resting HB also, about 85-90 BPM.I think it's always been that way. Could you give me more detail of what your heart was doing when you bent over? Did it flutter, did it feel like it was jiggling,did your chest feel airy (best way to describe it) etc...thanks

Old 10-27-2003, 11:27 AM   #12

jwass HB User
hi pinkblazer:

i guess the best way to describe how my heart felt when i bent over is to say it felt erratic. it didn't feel like the little palpitations i get on and off. it felt like it was racing, but in no consistent rhythm. i don't think it was "skipping" beats, but rather beating before it should and then doing the "catch-up" game with itself. i'm not exactly sure. i did feel a little "airy" or maybe more that i felt like i was losing my breath because of all of the jumping going on in my chest and throat. in any case, i felt compelled to cough to get it back to normal again...which eventually it did.
hope this helps! sound familiar?!

Closed Thread