It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2003, 08:18 PM   #1

aggelos HB User
Question what's up with me?

Ok... what is up with this? A few years ago I was told I had mild regurgitation (not sure which valve), but treatment is not necessary. My pulse is always high... usually about 90+ at rest... it can be like 160 during mild activity. My blood pressure is usually low-normal (usually 100/60-115/75). I do get irregular beats and fluttering in my chest. I often get lightheaded with the flutterings, a few times my heart fluttered long enough that I felt like I was going to pass out. Of course when I had the Holter monitor, by heart behaved with no fluttering, lol. I experience chest tightness- sometimes brought on by stress, but not always (sometimes I notice nothing coinciding with the tightness- not feeling stressed and no increase in caffeine or whatever). When the chest tightness occurs, it is difficult to get a good deep breath. Sometimes I notice a slight rattling in my lungs on inhalation- usually after I have been laying down. So... y'all think these symptoms are from the mild valve regurgitation? Is this something to be concerned about? Can anyone else relate or is it 'just me'??? lol What's up?

Old 10-25-2003, 06:42 PM   #2
Inactive

gigi777 HB User
hi there
i can relate i have the fluttering/skipped beats and get the tightness in the chest sometimes. For years i occaisioally have had a rattling noise when i breath in. I was always scared it was something to do with my heart but it wasnt. I finally got checked out and it has nothing to do with the heart. I think it must be mild asthma (just a guess) usually happens after ive been laying down. I had echo,treadmill,xrays and all normal. But still suffer with all the symptoms. Have had these things for many years.
Take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2003, 09:16 PM   #3

JetService HB User
Are your palpatations worse when you lay down, especially on your left side? This is what was happening to me, but I had severe aortic valve leakage. The palps were REAL bad at night. Fortunately, I had no perm. damage to my heart from it.

Old 10-29-2003, 01:49 PM   #4

aggelos HB User
I have not noticed the palpitations being worse at night or if I lay on my left side. The only thing consistent with laying down is that I feel the rattling in my lungs, and that is more noticable when I am on my back.

Closed Thread