It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2003, 08:30 AM   #1

muzz HB User
Post quick sharp pain

Could someone please tell me what is happening. I occasionaly have a quick sharp pain in my heart that stops me in my tracks. This morning it dropped me to the floor in pain. I only lasts a second or two but the left center of my chest is tender to the touch and my left arm in a little numb. I suffer from high anxiety and stress, but was not bothered by anthing at the time. I am 37 yrs old and about 50 lbs overweight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2003, 12:23 PM   #2
(male)

amdaily HB User
I have had the same thing for about 2 weeks now. A quick, sharp pain the the bottom right side of my heart (if looking down) that once every couple of days. Lasts just a second or two and doesn't seem to be quite as intense as yours. I'm only 21 years old, exercise regularily, physcially fit, etc. If anyone has any idea's, it looks like we both would like to hear them

[This message has been edited by amdaily (edited 10-22-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2003, 03:29 PM   #3
Inactive

DJblod HB User
praecordial catch aka Da Costa's syndrome

Old 10-31-2003, 06:16 AM   #4
(male)

jerry78 HB User
DJBlod is exactly right. People, like me, who suffer from anxiety and/or panic disorder, have a tendancy to suffer these types of chest pains, also known as DeCostas syndrome.
Named after the physician who discovered it after WWII.
Dr. DeCosta observed many soldiers with the same symptoms, but they were fine cardiac-wise.
Get the book THE ANXIETY DISEASE, by Dr. David Sheehan....it is a great paperback that explains this and other anxety problems. Dr. Sheehan is a world expert on the disease.

Closed Thread