It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2008, 05:15 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

claflamme HB User
Nervous and worried about newest echo results

I just received my newest echo results. I havent had a follow up with my pcp,Because I am suppose to bring this to my cardiologist appt that was suppose to be on 5/23,But their people rescheduled my before I received these results to 6/16. They are always rescheduling me. I can't stand it. Anyway. My pcp ordered it because of the meds I am on (provigil and topamax) Provigil because i had asleep study and probably have slight narcolepsy and I do have adhd, and get migraines alot (why I am on the topamax) The echo was to make sure the provigil didn't make me have myocarditis again,Which the echo I had before showed I had it. Most likely from a virus (a bad one) probably why I got myocarditis) I was on adderall at the time. Which did wonders for my adhd,I had more patients for my kids,husband and concentration even for myself and kept me awake. I am a stay at home mom. and with out any medication I can't help it even if I keep busy and get a good night sleep am so tired all day long and will sleep hours during the day, If could. I am only 27 years old. I have 2 kids 4 and 8 years old who sleep through the night. Because of the abnormal echo the cardiologist stopped the adderall and I went back to sleeping alot and was miserable with no patience. After a while the echo was repeated and everything was normal. But I was miserable with no energy. So my pcp decided to do a trial of provigil after a sleep study (daytime one) for narcolepsy. Of provigil, The first day was great and so on. The we did the echo to make sure all was ok. Here are the results.

All is ok except for the following:

The mitral valve leaflets are mildly thickened. There is mild buckling of the the anterior mitral valve leaflet,but no mitral valve prolapse. There is no significant mitral stenosis or mitral regurgitation.

The tricuspid valve leaflets are are normal in appearance and in excursion.
There is mild tricuspid regurgitation. TR velocity of 2.5 m/s and estimated pulmonary arter systolic pressure of 24 mmHg plus right atrial pressure equal 34 mmHg, Suggesting Borderline Pulmonary Hypertension.

The Pulmonic valve leaflets are normal in appearance. There is mild Pulmonic
Insufficiency, but no pulmonic stenosis.

The percardium is normal in appearance . There is a small pericardium effusion measuring 0.55 cm, but there is no echographic evidence of cardiac tamponade.

EF- 55-60%Left side is normal

Thanky you for any info

Last edited by claflamme; 05-09-2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: also forgot to add info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

claflamme HB User
Re: Nervous and worried about newest echo results

Anyone? Know much about these results.
Thanks

Closed Thread