It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #1
(male)

sirwence HB User
Can someone please help me I need answers

I have panic attacks I will openly admit to you, And these .. racing heart rates occur at the same time as them.. (been diagnosed with Panic Disorder and GAD) now I will get rates from 130-180 that can last 2-5 hours before slowing down.. And I have a panic attack at the same time which causes which impossible to tell. I had an EKG like a month or less before these started or I noticed them and it was NSR Tachy I think 110 bpm? nothing abnormal.... I went to my doctor who is apparently also an internist.. she put me on a beta blocker called... Metoprolol? on its lowest dose.. I am thinking about going back for more tests.. its been going on for a year now. I get them like I get my panic attacks randomly and spuracticly. (in fact they occur always together) Also I try to breath and calm it down which usually never works once I take my low dose of beta blocker within 40 minutes my heart rate is down to the 100-110 range USUALLY.

I was just curious what this sounds like it could be.. I just turned 22 last month (dont drink smoke lol or exercise and im not .. and my parents say my family has no history of heart disease and stuff. so I suppose I am looking for some answers here. Can someone help me out?

I mean what does this sound like to anyone..SVT ? ST?

Last edited by sirwence; 05-20-2008 at 11:48 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2008, 02:42 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

hopesprings2 HB User
Re: Can someone please help me I need answers

I have panic along with fast heart rate which makes me panic
it would not i dont think last that long and be that fast if it were panic
i would go see a heart doctor if you havent already and maybe you need another med
maybe you wouldnt panic like me if your heart didnt scare you?There is alot of people on here whom have fast rates and hopefully they will reply and help you as they have me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2008, 06:55 AM   #3
(male)

sirwence HB User
Re: Can someone please help me I need answers

I saw my dr about this awhile ago and she put me on a low dose of beta blockers to help the rates and the anxiety.. .. and yes when I have an attack (the panic attack and high heart rate start at seemingly the same time) I fear the high heart rate.. fear it will kill me etc.. so I doubt that helps. Thank you and any other opinions would be appreicated greatly.

Last edited by sirwence; 05-21-2008 at 06:55 AM.

Closed Thread