It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2008, 11:43 AM   #1
(female)

tata33 HB User
What could this be???? I want to rule out anything serious. Please Help

Ok I have been having problems for like 3 years now and still don't know anything. If anyone on here has any ideas please let me know. It started 2 months after the birth of my last baby. I would have problems when going to sleep like I was going to sleep too fast or feeling like my heart was stopping and it would wake me up at night. I have a few spells while driving. I just feel like my face, chest and stomach are hot like on the inside and I feel like I could pass out it doesn't last long just long enough to scare me and get my heart rate fast. I have had a stress test and a nuclear stress test (60%) whatever that means. I have had several EKG's and chest xrays and blood work. I have had an MRI on back due to the pain from having 2 epidurals when I was in labor. I have had 2 ct scans of the head and also a test to check for seizures/brain waves. I have had several tests on stomach area too due to when I get gasy I feel like I would be having a heart attack cause my chest hurts really bad I get sweaty and it doubles me over and I cry. I use to go to the ER alot and then I had my gallbladder out in 2006 and still would have these problems off and on. Then it seemed like it was coming and going with my period and then in Jan. 2008 I had a hysterectomy due to a cyst on my female parts. Now since then i can't take hormone pills or they make me sick the whole time I am on them the same way the birth control pills did. I started on the hormone shot with B12 and did fine the first month and then the second month after I got one about a week later I got the knots in my chest and stomach area again that I also have had problems with off and on since my last baby. Everyone thinks they are fibrocystic but I have them in my chest and stomach area and sometimes they hurt worse than others and they are affected by the weather and gas and things like that and why would they be in my stomach area and why would I have inflammation in my blood. Could it be muscle problems or arthritis or something like that. I had one ER that thought my chest problem was costochondritis but that is suppose to get better with meds and it ain't suppose to come back like that.....unless if arthritis is there from having it. Some doctors look at me like I am stupid but I am not. The heart doctor put me on 25 mg of lopressor I think just because he didn't know what else to do because if the tests come back normal then they don't do anything else. I am planning on having a test done to check my plaque and stuff some type of scan they can do to check for problems. I have also been told I could have fibromyalgia or tachacardia however you spell that. But I don't know if it is any of those or if it is arthritis or stomach problems they can't find or if it is Myatonia Cogenital like my dad and Grandpa had. I just want to find out something I am tired of not knowing what it is causing my problems. I have problems with my heart beating fast for no reason and when I am doing stuff it don't always do anything. Sorry for such a long post but I wanted to get in most of everything that happens if I left something out or if you need to know more just let me know. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2008, 06:47 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kittyroo HB User
Re: What could this be???? I want to rule out anything serious. Please Help

Has anyone checked your thyroid?

Old 05-29-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
(female)

tata33 HB User

Yes I had that checked about 2 years ago cause I had problems and was on thyroid meds when I was like 11 and until I got preg. with my first baby and I didn't have to be on anything after I had her cause it has been fine since. And all blood work has been normal.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

aether4 HB User

I read up a little on Myotonia Congenita. (I knew I had heard of myotonia before). That your father had it could make it possible for you to as well, though more likley the autosomal dominate form which isn't supposed to affect heart or digestive muscles... which I'm sure you've probably already know.

What blood tests have you had? anything other than standard tests?
Such as - blood sugar, including for insulin resistance (not usually tested for on standard tests). Thyroid and other hormones - you need more than just TSH tested, have them check free T3, free T4, and for antibiodies (check the thyroid section for more information on tests). Even standards on accepted TSH levels have changed in the last few years, so you should have that all rechecked.
Have you been fully checked for vitamin and mineral problems? Magnesium isn't usually checked but can cause issues.

Your "spells" sound a lot like how I feel before a near faint, I have neurocardiogenetic syncope. NCS can include problems with slow heart rate - bradycardia. If you're being woke up often by the feeling that your heart rate is slow or stopping you should see if you can get a holter monitor to wear for a few days to try to catch what it happening.
You may also want to look up postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, may not be likely but both do have stomach and digestive tract issues with them.
Have you been cleared of possibly having a mitral valve prolapse? That can cause some people weird symptoms (MVP syndrome), too.

The problems from your gas/stomach upset could be that irritating the vagus nerve - which will affect your heart rate. That happens in just about everyone, that's why people sometimes mistake acid reflux as being a heart problem. Vagus nerve problems can also cause gallbladder issues - such as in my case it will cause it to release too much bile at times.

... Just noticed your location. Good luck and I hope can find the treatment you need without traveling out of state.

Last edited by aether4; 05-29-2008 at 08:19 PM.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
(female)

tata33 HB User

Thank you Aether4 I appreciate any feedback I really want to figure out something soon. It has been a long 3 years. I go to my heart dr. Tuesday and I plan to ask him about all of this. I didn't feel good today either but I was gasy and it makes my chest hurt and I get bloated and it makes it feel like I can't breathe good. I will let you know more later. And if you have any more ideas please let me know. I also have problems with my blood sugar if I don't use the hormone shot but yet if I get the shot I have other problems so I am kinda screwed either way. Thanks and I will keep you posted.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:13 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

aether4 HB User

Have you had your gut motility checked? Gastroparesis could make you feel bloated up and just generally awful if the food stays in your stomach too long.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:52 PM   #7
(female)

tata33 HB User

Well I had blood work done the other day on my hormones and then all the rest to see about pancreatitis. And all came back normal. He is trying to send me to someone that deals with muscle diseases because of my dad and grandpa and great aunt having myatonia congenita.....so we will see.

Closed Thread