It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2008, 05:38 AM   #1
(female)

azuresky HB User
Exclamation Burning, stinging and pain

Hello...

I've had 15 years of high blood pressure and obese. I am a 58 yo woman. I lost more than half my goal weight and for the first time in many years, my bp is controlled. I take 100 mg Avapro, 25 mg. hydrochlorothiazide an 12.5 mg metoprolol each day for the bp. I also take, aspirin each day or most every day, 2000 mg. Vitamin D, a B complex and assorted pain and anti inflammatories for arthritis and back problems.

I have in the past had occasional burning and stinging in my heart, pain and palpitations. Last night I had for the first time.. several hours of the burning sensation in my heart. This is not indigestion or stomach related.

This morning just making the coffee, the burning came back like a stab. Its coming and going with some mild pain that kind of feels like its going through to my back.

I've had in the last week, extreme pain, discomfort in my upper stomach, just below my breast bone and that definitely goes through to my back. That lasted for a couple of hours...then went away.

I just want to know if I'm having a heart attack or have some kind of heart disease going on from the symptoms I've described.

I DO get short of breath like I can't breath sometimes, climbing stairs... movng fast. But, not all the time. That comes and goes.

I AM calling a doctor this morning...but its only 5:30 AM, so I can't call yet and this doesn't feel like something to call 911 about.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread