It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
(female)

niki71 HB User
What Does a Heart Flutter Feel like

Any women out here notice MORE heart fluttering with their period??

Last edited by niki71; 11-01-2008 at 09:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
(female)

jennalynn52 HB User
Re: What Does a Heart Flutter Feel like

Hey, i am 20 years old and i have had irregular periods ever since i started it when i was 13..there has been times when i would go 3-4-5-6 months with out a periods, but when it would come it would be heavy, with light clots, ive never really had cramping so severe, and im happy about that, but jus recently i got my periods and it started out really light for about 4-5 days, but then it started to get heavier with small clots, for about a week, and then here came the huge clots, it was so sick, that lasted for about a week too, && while this was all goiing on, i was having heart flutters, and it would scare me to death, i thought i was having a heart attack, so i went into the ER and they hooked me up to a EKG and said my heart rate was normal, so that made me feel a little bit better, but then as soon as it would flutter again i would get so scared, so i went in to see my family doctor and i told her about the fluttering sensations , she wanted me to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours, so thats what i did, but for bad news there was something wrong with the heart monitor and now i have to re-take it, but im not experiencing the fluttering anymore, every once in a great while my heart kinda feels like its beating differently, but i just take it as nothing to worry about, seems the EKG came back normal, so then i went to see my family doctor again for my periods, she wanted to draw my blood, to check my hormones, and everything came back normal besides my humagloban was a little low, so she wants me to take a multi-vitamin once a day, so thats what i have been doiing, she also put me on some axiety medicine, where i take a half of pill 2 times a day, i think that is what stopped my heart palpations from coming so frequent but im not for sure, i still wanna re-take the monitor just to be on the safe side...she also told me to stay away from caffiene, coffee, chocolate, and go on a strict healthy balanced diet, and excersice a lot more, so i started out walking 2-3 times a day for about 20-30 minutes each, and i think that helped me out too, so maybe you should try some of these things, and i hope you found out the problem to why you are getting these flutters too, if you know any kind of information about this..plz let me know. Thanks.

~Jenna~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #3
(female)

shelly80 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki71 View Post
I have been wondering that. I got my last scary flutter about 3 days before my period. I want to talk to my doctor about that. I also think that it might be genetic. My grandfather, my aunt and my father (all on the same side) have the same flutters. All of them have palpitations as well. My fathers started in his late 20's (like me) and they have ALL visited the ER for fear of heart issues and all have been told that they have healthy hearts. They seem to think it goes in phases, some months its bad, then it goes away for a long time.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
(male)

Whitecrow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki71 View Post
I was getting loads of these for a while, and all i say to anyone suffering from heart flutters or tention around the heart is GARLIC! I started to have a clove of raw garlic a day after getting really worried about my heart, it tastes very, very strong, but is sooooooooooooooo sooooooooooooo good for your circulation and heart in general. Another thing is to cut back on high content of sugary foods, whenever i had alot of pepsi or pop, or just anything very sugary made my heart flutter and feel tense and pump uncomfortably. But garlic, herbal teas, cutting back on sugar, exercise, relaxation and reducing stress all can play a vital role in stopping these flutters and easing circulation around the body. Peace be with you all. Many a healthy heart within you.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #5
(female)

redgl37 HB User

if you do a search on low potassium and your period starting you will see that there is a correlation between the two - and when you have low potassium it definitely will give you palpitations - i have had this ongoing problem for years and never knew that it gets worse about 3-4 days before my period would be scheduled to start - until i started keeping track of when the palpitations would happen - weird stuff the body does to us!!

Closed Thread