It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2008, 05:36 PM   #1
(female)

Chest Pain HB User
Stabbing pain in my chest when I lay on my left side

I get a stabbing pain in my chest when I lay on my left side. I've had as long as I can remember. I am a 25 year old female and weigh 115 lbs

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2008, 10:30 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

sunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB User
Re: Stabbing pain in my chest when I lay on my left side

When I was young I used to have pain, my breasts were larger and when I would move the muscle would pill sometimes, then sometimes it was so sore you couldn't touch my chest without it hurting. They told me then I had costocondritis (sp) Sometimes I would wear a sports bra to bed to keep from pulling the skin it helped sometimes.
But you should get it checked for your own peace of mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2008, 06:21 PM   #3
(female)

Chest Pain HB User

Thank you, however, I do not have much of a chest ha and why doesn't it occur on the other side too? Thank you again and I will look into it.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:10 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

sunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB User

Your funny, I asked the same question and never got an answer till years later when I had a problem. Well it could be reflux, acid comming back up when you lay down. It is very unnerving to live with chest pain and not have an answer. You see so many people saying the same thing, I think one has to be their own advocate in these cases. You still could have costo even with small breasts because it is in the wall of your chest, breasts just pull sometimes when they are larger. Or they say stress? Ask your Doc about it and good luck.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:22 PM   #5
(female)

Chest Pain HB User

Thank you so much. I have had this pain my whole life and it doesn't matter when it is or what I eat, I can never lay on my left side, even the slightest bit. My doctor just said that it was muscular and I should stretch it or work the muscles around it. It doesn't seem to change. I had an echo done when I was in my teens but it just showed a murmur I have known about my whole life. I was watching Mysterious Diagnosis and starting thinking that I should reach out and see if anyone else is experiencing this and what it could be called. It just gets frustrating because I want to sleep on that side for some reason, but I never can. I have to be completely on my stomach and head to the side if I want to lay on the left at all. It gets frustrating when trying to get comfortable with a man too. We can't lay where I am on my left side at all. Even going to the movies, I can't lean on him with my left side. It's crazy, I know! Trust me! Thank you again though and I like to know my boobs can be doing something even if they are little, haha. Take care! If you hear anything, let me know. Thank you!

Closed Thread