It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2008, 10:53 PM   #1
(male)

fjg177 HB User
What does a PVC feel like?

Since the beginning of October I sometimes get a feeling in my upper stomach/chest of a hard thump or fluttering. It is very off putting weird feeling. Could it be PVCs I'm feeling?

Old 11-18-2008, 10:15 AM   #2
(female)

kathy211 HB User
Re: What does a PVC feel like?

It most definetly is a pvc. They are the worst feeling in the world. I just read on her that some guy takes Apple cidar vinagar, and his went away!!! I will try that, as I have them everyday also. Are you a nervous person? I have high anxiety over them, and so i will try anything!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
(male)

poppypete HB User

Hi fig177, I feel certain that what you are describing are the dreaded ectopic beats.As the medical experts tell us they are benign and to stop worrying about them.I have suffered with them for so long they are probrably right as nothing has happened to me.
Good luck and as they say, stop worrying, you will be ok.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:53 PM   #4
(female)

emmes20 HB User

I have never been to the doctor, but for a long time now it feels like every once in a while (no rhyme or reason to it) my heart would skip a beat. It would be annoying but it never really worried me. It wasn't until today when i was at work that it felt like someone stomped on my chest, it felt again like my heart skipped a beat but this time it left me short on breath, light headed and scared! I don't know for sure if it is PVC or not. Has anyone experienced anything that felt like that?

Old 11-25-2008, 09:26 AM   #5
(male)

fjg177 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmes20 View Post
I have never been to the doctor, but for a long time now it feels like every once in a while (no rhyme or reason to it) my heart would skip a beat. It would be annoying but it never really worried me. It wasn't until today when i was at work that it felt like someone stomped on my chest, it felt again like my heart skipped a beat but this time it left me short on breath, light headed and scared! I don't know for sure if it is PVC or not. Has anyone experienced anything that felt like that?
This is the OP here. That sounds like just what I have sometimes: There is a thump in your throat/chest area, you can feel your heart do a cartwheel, and you get lightheaded. From what I read, a PVC is actually an extra heartbeat, but it does feel like your heart skips a beat and the next beat is really hard to make up for the skipped beat. In most cases they are harmless to your body; but they seem to be hell on your mind! My doctor doesn't take me seriously (he won't run any tests) so I don't know that I am actually having PVCs, but all the symptoms match.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #6
(female)

Marblehead HB User

Mine feel something like a flutter and I get a weird (painless) feeling in my lower throat. I get skipped beats also and my Dr. has run tests...ekg, echo and the halter monitor. He said they are harmless. Of course they scare the crap outta me when they happen. The other day I got like 4 in a row within like 10 seconds and I thought I was gonna die. I've been getting them since I was 19, I'm now 33. My 14 year old daughter told me recently that she gets them too. She said they don't bother her and she just doesn't think about them. I wish I was more like her. lol. I've had skipped beats and went to the ER for them. They hooked me up to a machine and watched my heart for a couple hours and then sent me home. Said I was fine and to go home and relax. I worry about them all the time but so far I've been fine. hehe

Old 11-25-2008, 05:40 PM   #7
(female)

Ccarrie76 HB User

Wow! I know how everyone feels. I first started getting them when I was 18. Im now 32. Ive went to the ER , Doctors office ect and they tell me the same thing "Dont worry about them" I can deal with having a few but whn I have them back to back I PANIC!!! I think im dying! Im 24 weeks pregnant so they are even worse now = (

Old 11-28-2008, 10:40 PM   #8
(female)

emmes20 HB User

I am glad to hear other people experience the same thing. I haven't been to the doctor, i really do not like going to the doctor, i'm wondering if its worth it. Especially since everyone on here seems to be told the same thing, its harmless.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:27 AM   #9
(male)

GodHand HB User

Rarely are they dangerous. Most are benign. Mine started maybe 3-4 years ago. Mine go away for months at a time, then return for about a week (moderately) and suffice to say, it's because of a buildup of caffeine in my system that brings them on, as well as anything that's a stimulant.

I went to a Cardiologist for mine years ago and had a ton of tests ran and a Holter monitor - they were benign arrhythmias, though I cannot remember if they were PACs or PVCs.

Mine go away during exercise, during sleep and during low-anxiety moments. I have high anxiety, and when I have skipped beats, I focus on the skipped beats and it prolongs them more.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:39 PM   #10
(male)

Gojoe HB UserGojoe HB User

I know the thump well. Have had PVC's for 30+ years. I used to barely feel them, but now that I take heart slowing medication they sometimes feel like a kick in the chest. I get dizzy if they happen every other beat for several minutes, but my doctor says they aren't serious.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:39 AM   #11
(female)

Doll Baby HB User

I have started to get fluttering in throat it catches you by suprise an awful feeling also when i bend sometimes i get the flutter also could it be gerd or heart related

what helps

Old 06-05-2010, 05:17 AM   #12
(male)

scott1965 HB User

I get head rushes a lot---that's the most common symptom that I see from my PVC's. They're scary---but I can usually "reset" things by straining down or coughing. I've been to the doctor, had 2 nuclear stress tests, 2 EKG's, and supposedly everything is "normal". LOL....yeah right. I'm on 100mg of Metoprolol per day. It helps, but doesn't eliminate them.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:31 PM   #13
(female)

luvmyfamily924 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmes20 View Post
Hi. I experienced something like that and immediately I began having a panic attack. I calmly got up (I was ready to go to sleep) got dressed and took myself to the ER. I had never experienced beatings that strong in my chest and I wanted to know what the heck was going on. They did all the tests at the ER and nothing showed up. Doctor said it was probably from anxiety and stress. I get palpitations just about everyday. Just recently I was on a halter monitor for a month and I recorded a lot of the palpitations and nothing. Doctor probably thinks I'm a hypochondriac. Today I was having them and took Xanax and they went away. One thing I know I need to do more often is calm down, relax and do breathing exercises. Walking helps me with the stress a lot too.

Take care
LMF

Old 06-30-2010, 03:05 PM   #14
(female)

Doll Baby HB User

Emmes 20

I have same thing my chest feels so tight at times like I cant take a breath it feels hard to breathe I wore a holter monitor dr said it looked good scheduled for a stress test in Aug have you had a stress test or wore a monitor? When the drs say its nothing its something when you cant take a breath or feel a skipped beat .

You dont know when to be concerned and when not to be the Dr also said oh but heart symptoms present differently in women.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:17 PM   #15
(female)

luvmyfamily924 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Baby View Post
Emmes 20

I have same thing my chest feels so tight at times like I cant take a breath it feels hard to breathe I wore a holter monitor dr said it looked good scheduled for a stress test in Aug have you had a stress test or wore a monitor? When the drs say its nothing its something when you cant take a breath or feel a skipped beat .

You dont know when to be concerned and when not to be the Dr also said oh but heart symptoms present differently in women.

Hi all.
I think that sometimes doctors don't know what else to do... so they just sent you home and wait until something more serious happens that they can finally diagnose. Most of the time, it's all stress and anxiety. I've had heart monitors, nuclear stress test, ekg's, echo cardiograms, chest x rays, mri's and cat scans. They can't find a thing thank God. I am a very hyper person with high stress and anxiety. My mother was the same way and she had to take anxiety and depression meds almost all her life. Thank God she lived a long life and she put up with all that with a smile on her lips. she would wig out sometimes... then she would calm down. My anxiety has gotten worse since she passed 3 mos ago. I take my meds and walk as often as I can around my neighborhood with my mp3 listening to my favorite music. Breathing exercises help A LOT!!!! And relaxation and meditation. A lot of people think that's all bolony, but it is true. And a lot of prayer.

a friend,
LMF

Closed Thread