It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

janart HB User
heart palpitations with head pressure???

Hey everyone I hope someone here can give me some advise. I have an occasional what feels like my heart skipping a beat which I assume is a palpitation. I have had EKG and Holter about a year ago. It was fine. Anyway for the past three days I am having them consistant lasting for a few hours. BUT the thing is when I have one I feel pressure in my head at the same time. I have chronic headaches and depression so I'm sure the stress isn't helping. I did not have a headache yesterday and today before they started but after they lasted for a few minutes I got a headache. Does anyone have any idea the relation between the two? Also I understand that occasional palpitations are normal but what if they are constant like 3 or 4 back to back that last for a few hours? By the way I am 38yo and not overweight. Thanks everyone for your time. I welcome any thoughts on my issue.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:03 AM   #2
(male)

Joshblck1 HB User
Re: heart palpitations with head pressure???

hi im 18, and i know exactly what you mean, i get a palpitation and then pressure in my head, sometimes I feel flushed too, its stressing me out cause Ive read that palpitations without symptoms is better. I also have had svts that was joined by mono, and then orthostatic intolerance from the mono, all within 3 months...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2010, 10:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janart HB User
Re: heart palpitations with head pressure???

Hey its been a while since I posted this but still have the same issues. I saw a heart doc and he put me on a med that regulates or slows the heart rate down and he hoped that it would help my headaches as well. I took it for a little while but it made me really tired so I didn't continue regular. I can definately see an increase when I am stressed.

Closed Thread