It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
(female)

ZiggyMortis HB User
Exclamation Very Strong Heart beat.

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]Its nothing that really scares me, but i'd like to know whats wrong with me, if there is anything wrong with me.

I'm not sure if i have any heart problems, but sometimes it worries me. Whenever i go to relax, or go to sleep, maybe take a small nap. I start to feel a very strong heart beat, one that goes through out my whole body. I can check my own pulse without even touching my wrist or my neck. It winds up shaking my whole body.
I'm not taking any medications, besides the occasional tylenol or advil. Just over the counter meds.

I'm very small, i'm 16 years old and i'm 87 lbs. and 5 foot. I could understand this whole heart thing if i was maybe a little bigger or atleast taller. But i have a very fast metabolism, so its impossible for me to gain weight.

So if anyone knows what could possibly be wrong with me.

Last edited by moderator2; 02-09-2009 at 07:26 AM. Reason: posted contact info

Old 02-09-2009, 01:18 AM   #2
(male)

lamal3 HB User
Re: Very Strong Heart beat.

Are you very thin? It seems like it. You might want to have yourself checked out with a cardiologist. I'm thinking you might have marfans syndrome. I could be wrong but ask them about it and see what they say. Normally people who are very thin with long arms and thin legs might develop heart problems. I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about since you are only 16 years old. It's good to have yourself checked out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #3
(female)

ISTinNC HB User

Many thin people can feel and even see their heartbeat. Almost every thin person I've assessed will have a visible heart beat at the apex of their heart (kind of to the left and below your nipple on the left) when lying down. When you are lying down, it causes the organs inside to shift. You can feel your heart pumping (sounds like very effectively) throughout your body. Do you play sports or exercise? If you do, your heart could be pumping strongly because it IS strong.

If your pulse is higher than 100 resting, or seems like it skips a beat, I would talk to your doctor.

If you're really worried, just mention it to the doctor next time you go. It can't hurt cause there's no such thing as a stupid question.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:56 AM   #4
(female)

Lollie1972 HB User

have your thyroid levels checked for hypothyroidism. Good Luck

Old 03-04-2009, 11:07 PM   #5
(female)

Akimbo HB User

I have the same problem with the strong heart beat for the last three years. I also have anxiety because my heart pumps harder and faster before a test or meeting new people. I also feel old sometimes walking up steps cuz my heart will start racing so it makes me feel old and out of shape sometimes. My doctors want me to take anxiety medication but i don't want to if i don't have to. Im waiting to see the results from the holter monitor. Im glad to hear I am not alone anymore and other people are experiencing the same symptom. I thought maybe my heart problem was related to my bad back and neck. I have been going to acupuncture a couple times and haven't noticed a difference. Massages help me relax but i still feel my heart all the time. How long have you had this problem Ziggymortis ? I have trouble falling asleep from it as well. Do you find there is anything that helps your heart ?

Last edited by Akimbo; 03-04-2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: correction

Closed Thread