It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2009, 07:51 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Beefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB User
Question What causes Squeezing feeling and Dizziness?

Hi
I have a few issues with my heart and currently have low blood pressure, and possibly some anemia.
Sometimes when I move about I have dizziness, but not always. Moving rapidly up stairs, or suddenly raising my head can sometimes make me almost pass out. However, my main concern is a sudden squeezing sort of "queasy" feeling across my chest - only momentary - a few seconds at most, and then I recover. There is no pain just a very uncomfortable feeling for a moment.
Seems to occur randomly once or twice a day, but as far as I can tell is not directly related to exercises such as walking on level ground, or up steeper hills - which I do regularly each day.
Someone else must have this, and can possibly explain it.
Cheers to all,
Beefsteak

Old 02-15-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Re: What causes Squeezing feeling and Dizziness?

It is possibly a form a arrhythmia and I would appreciate some comments from others with this condition.
The other point, of course, is I don't know whether it's a serious condition or not.
There are a lot of different arrhythmias! Some serious, others not so.
Cheers, Beefsteak

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2009, 05:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

montesflus HB Usermontesflus HB User

I am by no means an expert on this, but it may help to ask your doc (or cardio) for a 24 hr halter test. What's your pulse rate? A low pulse rate (40-50) can often cause faintness or dizziness.

Good Luck

Old 02-15-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montesflus View Post
I am by no means an expert on this, but it may help to ask your doc (or cardio) for a 24 hr halter test. What's your pulse rate? A low pulse rate (40-50) can often cause faintness or dizziness.
Good Luck
Monte,
The times I have had a halter monitor I have found them extremely uncomfortable and impossible to sleep with. I had to remove the last one. That was the blood pressure reading type. Maybe an ECG type without blood pressure would be okay.
This "squeezy-queasy" feeling could be due to my low blood pressure, or it could be some sort of congestion, even something in my lungs. I do feel a sort of "welling up" - then it suddenly goes away. I also have left ventricular hypertrophy, according to my ECG. That may be associated with it too.

Cheers and thanks, Beefsteak

Last edited by Beefsteak; 02-15-2009 at 07:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 02-16-2009, 05:41 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Connie122516 HB User

I don't know much about heart arrythmias [and I hope I don't learn much about them either. I already have enough cardiac problems to deal with; have had a stent in my LAD for 4 1/2 years].

But I'd talk to the cardiologist about an Event Recorder. ("King of Hearts" is the one I'm using now). It is just 2 leads to attach to your chest, with some wires long enough to attach the monitor which is very small, about the size of a Pager and clips on your waist band or can be carried in your pocket. It is presumably the ECG type you're talking about; when you feel a symptom, you press a button and it records for the 1 minute previous plus for 30 seconds after you press.

It stores up to 3 recordings; you then call in via a regular phone line and transmit the data over the phone, along with the date/time of the recording, a description of the symptom, and a description of what you were doing at the time.

I'm on it now for up to 30 days for palpitations. Easy breezy to use, and not invasive or uncomfortable at all.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:10 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Connie,
That "King of Hearts" sounds like the sort of thing I need - exactly really. I just feel very light-headed, queasy in the chest, then I recover and feel fine. Maybe it's my hypotension, but my BP readings have been better lately. (I think I might have orthostatic hypotension.)
Re the monitor - I am not sure we are as up-to-date here in Oz as you are but I will enquire - doesn't sound like it should be impossibly expensive.
Thanks, Beefy

Closed Thread