It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2009, 11:12 PM   #1
(male)

Prototypex85 HB User
Weird fluttering near heart when I make sounds...

This all started about two weeks ago. I was sitting outside Starbucks talking to a friend, when I realized that once every 4-5 words, I'd feel a fluttering towards the left side of my chest. For a week I'd maybe feel this a few times a day but thought nothing of it. So a few days ago I was sitting at home playing a video game when I laughed at something, which is when I felt it again. So I tried to recreate the same laughing sound, and it happened again. I did this for a few minutes and it was almost consistant each time. At first I was worried that it was my heart as it felt like kind of a hard beat, but when I pushed my hand over my chest I could feel my heart beat but could not feel these "flutters" with my hand and could only feel something going on inside my chest. After about five minutes it all stopped. I talked to a friend, who said that it was a muscle spasm, and I tried to ignore them whenever they happened again, which didn't seem like too often.

So today it took place again. I was sitting down, watching some television when something funny happened and I laughed. I decided against ignoring it and tried recreating the sound again, and same thing. I can feel my heartbeat with my hand on the chest but NOT what's going on when I make noise. Then something freaked me out. I just blew air out, as if blowing a balloon or something. In those three seconds, I felt that fluttery feeling happen very rapidly, like a quick heartbeat.

So I know it's not some irregular heartbeat, as it's not my heart. But what is it? After hearing that it was muscle spasms, I did some research and found that there really aren't many muscles in the chest. There's the heart, lungs, etc... all the important ones! I've tried talking to a few people, and can't really find anyone who knows what I'm talking about. I know I should see a doctor but I'm honestly kind of worried since hospitals scare me.

So does anyone know what this is or experience something similar? Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread