It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
(male)

EricWatkins HB User
Adrenaline burn?

Just wondering about this. I have had some minor arrhythmias over the past twenty years. I've been in the hospital twice for atrial fib. THe first time in 95 they got it to convert with drugs, Lanoxin I think. This last time, it wouldnt convert so they gave me the electro-cardio-version. Both times this happened, these events were preceded by a night of alcohol and little sleep. SO I see the pattern and I am making the life style changes to help stop this stuff. But now on to what I'm really wondering about.

First off, I had a stress test last year, and an echo, EKG, and all the blood work just last weekend. THe docs all say I'm fine and to return to normal activity. They say I have a healthy heart with occasionally bad rhythm. I can live with that. Both times that this happened, within a matter of hours before I had any problems, I had experienced some major stress. Stage fright to be exact. You see, I have been in local bands off and on for years. Last Thursday I was practicing with a new band of which I didnt really know the guys in it so I was a bit nervous. When we started playing, I started feeling my nerves pick up. At a certain point during one of the songs in which I was really worrying about what I was doing, I started to get a surge of pain in my chest. It came on really fast, like over the course of a few seconds and just felt almost like a burning/stinging sensation deep in my chest. After a few seconds I felt it start to disperse and almost feel like it was pushing out into the rest of my body and then my arms and legs just started to feel a bit shaky and stuff. Is this just a really intense adrenaline surge? I felt fine afterwards but still a bit shaky and on edge. Does anyone else here experience adrenaline to this degree because I cant seem to find anyone who does. Is my adrenal gland just overkilling or what? I'm sure it has something to do with the a-fib that followed a few hours later. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

Eric

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread