It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2009, 09:29 AM   #1
(male)

teriel9 HB User
Mild heart attack ??

I recently felt very faint when climbing the stairs, shortly afterwards I had chest pains and tightness, this eased during the day leaving me with just a dull pain centre left chest, further when walking my dog I needed to walk slightly uphill and against a strong wind, on reaching home I felt very poorly, this also went over.
I normally enjoy good health and gave up smoking 12 months ago.
I should add that I am 79 years old
What to do ???

Last edited by teriel9; 04-09-2009 at 09:31 AM. Reason: error

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

harka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB User
Re: Mild heart attack ??

Hi teriel,

While this probably wasn't a heart attack so to speak, your symptoms are very concerning for angina. Given your age and the fact that you're a man, these symptoms are concerning and you really should seek medical attention as this could be a harbinger of a more serious event. The positive thing is that your symptoms are brought about by exerting yourself as opposed to out of the blue. It COULD be indicative of a blockage in one of your coronary arteries resulting in low blood flow during exertion (exertional ischemia/angina) but it could also be indicative of a narrowed heart valve.

Please see your family doctor as soon as possible and report your symptoms. S/he will know what to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

It is time to seek medical attention don't you think? A quick EKG test is the only way to know if there is any heart damage along with some blood work. But at your age why would you not go to the doctor for an evaluation.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:04 AM   #4
(male)

teriel9 HB User

Thank you for your kind response, I will do as you suggest

Old 04-14-2009, 07:07 AM   #5
(male)

teriel9 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnD View Post
It is time to seek medical attention don't you think? A quick EKG test is the only way to know if there is any heart damage along with some blood work. But at your age why would you not go to the doctor for an evaluation.
I hesitate having not needing to see a Doctor very often and not haing permanent pain, however I have made an appointment and Thank you for your response

Old 05-16-2009, 05:39 AM   #6
(male)

teriel9 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by harka View Post
Hi teriel,

While this probably wasn't a heart attack so to speak, your symptoms are very concerning for angina. Given your age and the fact that you're a man, these symptoms are concerning and you really should seek medical attention as this could be a harbinger of a more serious event. The positive thing is that your symptoms are brought about by exerting yourself as opposed to out of the blue. It COULD be indicative of a blockage in one of your coronary arteries resulting in low blood flow during exertion (exertional ischemia/angina) but it could also be indicative of a narrowed heart valve.

Please see your family doctor as soon as possible and report your symptoms. S/he will know what to do.
I had a treadmill test and the result was no major cardiac problems but on exertion my Blood Pressure drops instead of rising, any ideas?

Closed Thread