It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
(male)

sparkyireland HB User
Cause of heavy Pounding heartbeat

Evening

Just a quick question, any ideas what would cause a constant heavy pounding pressure like heartbeat (Normal BMP and blood pressure) Just heavy, visable in the stomach and felt in neck and arm and chest.

Pressure stronger when standing up quickly, and I also feel ill basically 24 hours a day with head pressure etc. Apart from anxiety which I know can be a powerful problem, what else can cause this?

Many thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
(male)

alphaproject HB User
Re: Cause of heavy Pounding heartbeat

I wish I knew what causes it as well....it's driving me insane and gets me very depressed when I get it. It's making life pretty much unbearable..... I'd almost wish I'd just die and I'm 35.

I had migraines my whole life but at least they weren't always in full force but about 2 years ago I got these wierd skips and my heart has never been the same again. Now if I stand up fast or bend over I feel the heart beating really hard, not really always fast, but hard. I feel it rhu my whole body too and had to get on sleeping pills because I could not sleep with the loud pounding. The Temazepam helps me get to sleep but I don't want to be on it forever. I might try getting some other sleep aid. Who knows.... I can't recall if I got on this drug before or after the palps started anymore.

I used to love hot baths for my migraines but last time I took a bath my heart was racing and skipping like a mad horse....so no more baths. Luckily showers don't get me as heated so they aren't triggers.

I got an Echo and nothing showed up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #3
(male)

sparkyireland HB User
Re: Cause of heavy Pounding heartbeat

*** Edited: Removed quote of immediately preceding post ***

Sorry to here your troubles, its no fun at all is it

I actually posted a question about the heavy heart beat on the acid reflux boards (I suffer bad from that also)

Another poster said about certain meds causing palpatations, I never really thought that that was the problem. But after stopping my meds for the acid reflux and quiting coffee and caffine as much as possible it has helped a lot.

Maybe your meds are causing it My heartburn hurts like hell, but it much rather have that than thinking my heart is gonna explode, my anxiety levels have dropped also.

Dont give up hope, I have a list of symptoms the lengh of my arm, but I wont give up untill I get this sorted, and get back to a normal life. I have been constantly ill for years, finally I feel that I am getting somewhere.

Keep posting here for help, good forums here, a lot of the people know their stuff

Goodluck

Last edited by hb-mod; 04-22-2009 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Please don't "Quote Reply" an immediate prior post. Use "Quick Reply" instead. Thanks! :)

Closed Thread