It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2009, 06:43 AM   #1
(female)

sh 08 HB User
Heart skipping beats

I know this can be somewhat normal however sometimes during the day its happening up to 2 hours with a skipped beat every 3 seconds! it seems to be at night and it feels like a thud and my heart has skipped a beat....a few times is normal but this is really happening alot to me lately...i am 37 and under a lot of stress could it be that?and if so why does it come suddenly and not here and there?

Old 05-14-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
(male)

jamescott HB User
Re: Heart skipping beats

I know how you feel. My issues began back in December and I have bouts of PVCs on a fairly regular basis. I believe they were trigged by stress at work. I notice them mostly in the evening after I eat, and when I go to bed. My doctor has me on medication for both PVC and high blood pressure but I haven't been cured. Not sure if that's possible.

The good news is they appear to be nothing to be alarmed about. However, it is stressful when your heart isn't beating normally. That said, I suggest you go see your doctor just to be safe and to get peace of mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
(female)

sh 08 HB User

hmmmmmm funny u say that i am on stress leave from work!!!! my boss is fighting it!

Old 05-18-2009, 08:54 PM   #4
(female)

Lizzy3040 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayleysamantha View Post
I know this can be somewhat normal however sometimes during the day its happening up to 2 hours with a skipped beat every 3 seconds! it seems to be at night and it feels like a thud and my heart has skipped a beat....a few times is normal but this is really happening alot to me lately...i am 37 and under a lot of stress could it be that?and if so why does it come suddenly and not here and there?
I have been having these skipped beats on and off since I was 23. I am now 48. I have had numerous heart tests including blood work, EKGs, ehcos and stress tests. Everything always comes back normal. Three years ago I took myself to the ER 4 times in one week because of these skips and everytime they said I was fine. Just had these tests all over again last week and still the same results. Normal. My cardiologist said a lot of people have these and they're harmless. Yet still here I am checking this site hoping to calm my nerves because I have been having them for the past three days....all day. Stress, caffeine and smoking make them worse.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Heart beat irregularities are commonly caused, or worsened, by the body reacting to chemicals, odors, smoke, irritants, pollutants, allergens, stress, anxiety, etc. Those with allergies would tend to suffer from greater frequency of heart beat/ heart rhythm dysfunction, IMHO.

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 05-19-2009 at 05:42 AM.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:35 PM   #6
(female)

sh 08 HB User

thanks for your reply...i have been off of work for 3 weeks now and the first week my heart was doing this hundreds of times a night usually when i laid down...now i maybe have 5 thumps a week! not sure if its work or not i am going to see a different dr on monday hopefully he will tell me to take more time off.....only thing ive cut out since leaving is coffee and i drank one medium coffee a day which isnt a lot.

Closed Thread