It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
(female)

MissAmethyst2U HB User
Unhappy Just looking for some reassurance...

I am 26 yrs old and since last May right after I had Lithotripsy for a kidney stone (Right after as in about 36 hrs after surgery) I started having lots of PVC's and PAC's and episodes of tachycardia. Well, this drove me crazy and I got to know the EMT's and the ER really well. After countless tests, monitors and them playing the guessing game thinking it was this or that the cardiologist sent me to an electrophysiologist who did an EP study to rule out serious arrhythmia's All he got after trying for over 3 and a half hrs was some PAC's. Well, in the meantime I had to give up my job as I was missing sooo much work and then after a stress test they decided I needed a Cath to rule out a blockage (there wasn't one). After all was said and done in Dec they finally chalked it up to PVC's and PAC's.

I tried Verapamil to help control them but it made me feel weird and I almost passed out quite a few times. I have lower blood pressure in general. I can't take Beta Blockers cause of asthma. He said that it is just something I need to learn to live with and I am just a person who can actually feel every one of them I have. He said it won't kill me and to not worry (haha how many of us have heard that lol) Last time I went to the ER I was having quite a few PVC's and the ER doc even said that since I had the EP study and that was fine that not to worry.

Why can't I believe all this? These things annoy me on a daily basis. I will go for a few days and finally really start to relax and ignore them then a sort of run of them will hit and I about lose my mind and it takes every ounce of self control I have not to go to the ER. I can deal with one of them but when I have that quivering/buzzing feeling which I think is more than one of them back to back it freaks me out! It always makes me cough and the doctor said that is my bodys way of correcting itsself. So of course I am like well what happens when it decides not to one day do I just drop dead? It's a scary scary feeling that nobody I know understands.

The Electrophysiologist released me to go to the gym as I had been wanting to join the gym before all this started and they think it would be good for me (yes I am overweight but I eat healthy and have already lost about 17lbs) I am terrified I am going to kill myself at the gym. I started going to curves and well its all women and the Fire dept is right across the street which makes me feel a lil more at ease but still. I am working on trying not to worry so much and just live my life but its hard (I have a history of severe anxiety problems)

I do see others on here suffer with the same thing. I am just sooo tired of dealing with this and the added stress doesn't help. Not to mention I lose my health insurance the 1st of June and well that doesn't make me feel any better either Guess I am just in need of some reassurance...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
(male)

mac1968 HB User
Re: Just looking for some reassurance...

When my heart feels like it skips a beat I too have a slight cough. I thought that maybe unique to me. Stay positive. It sounds like you have a lot of anxiety which may have what started the PACs originally and will probably make them worse. It's always good to get a 2nd opinion. I was not happy with my first cardiologist so I got a 2nd opinion and was glad I did so.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:20 AM   #3
(female)

dlindquist83 HB User

I am also 26 years old and have been having PVC's since January of this year. I've had thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of testing on me and they have yet to find anything more the PVCs. I've had about 13 different doctors tell me I have severe anxiety (possibly from dad passing away) and I just cant find a way to ease it. Have you ever paid attention to when in the month they are worse? The week before my menstrual cycle mine get to the point where I can barely lay down even with a beta blocker and lunesta sleeping medication. I am to the point where I am having to take Lunesta 3mg nightly because I cant fall asleep through the pounding of my heart. I have had about 5 EKGs, blood work, barrium xrays, gall bladder studies, ultrasounds of every organ in my body, 24 hour holter monitor, CT of chest and abdoman, Xray of chest x2, and cultures and EVERYTHING was normal! ahh! I can understand how frusterated you are. I go see a cardiologist on Aug 6th to see if they can think of anything else because I cant imagine going on the rest of my life like this!

Also do you have heartburn/indigestion at all? I have severe indigestion, bloating, gassy at times, burp more, chest pressure in the middle, pain between shoulder blades and they have me on some serious acid reflux medication which I may add isnt really working either. They say its all related.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:59 AM   #4
(female)

painter207 HB User

I really think heart palps and idigestion go hand in hand. Until I noticed reflux back in Feb. I also started palpitations. I think it has something to do with the "Vagus nerve" If you google the two of these together (reflux and palps) you'll get lots of info. I still have them but since I've been on Nexium they seem to be less frequent. also when the anxiety is controled more so are they.

Last edited by painter207; 07-14-2009 at 06:00 AM. Reason: spelling

Closed Thread