It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
(male)

Underpantgnome HB User
Sudden palpitations

I'm 24 years old, and last Saturday I woke up after a nap and felt palpitations. I had some lightheadedness and some nausea. At the moment, I have a little bit of lightheadedness, but I've never been close to fainting. The nausea is not as intense, but it's still there. That's my current situation, here is the background:

I'm currently in China. Friday night was a very heavy night of drinking. and I went to a Chinese wedding, and being the only foreigner, they just wanted to drink with me, and get me drunk. I don't usually smoke, but I smoked pretty heavily that night.

The next morning I was shaking, but I figured that was from the alcohol. I didn't notice any palpitations at the time. I went and had a big lunch, and then went back to sleep until 6. When I woke up, I felt like my heart was fluttering. I also had some serious nausea and a bit of dizziness.

I decided to wait 2 days (probably stupid, I know), just to see if it was something temporary. But it wasn't. I haven't passed out or fainted, and I've been getting lots of sleep.

I went to the doctor yesterday, and they gave me two EKGs, a quick X-ray, blood and urine testing. I went to a sort of rural area hospital that, while professional, didn't seem up to par. Regardless, they did all that work and they couldn't find anything. My heart rate was 73 bpm. They mentioned that it could be a slight irregular beat.

As of now, the palpitations are slightly less, or I've just gotten used to them more. I couldn't really eat before, but yesterday I managed 2 meals after being in a hospital for a number of hours. I don't have a history of heart palpitations, and I've generally been in good health. I drink and occasionally smoke on the weekends. Should I make a trip up to a better hospital? I'm not too far away from an urban area and a much larger hospital, or is it not that serious?

Some other info:
About 155 pounds
Not on any medication
Walking and standing upright for moderate periods of time doesn't seem to affect anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread