It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009, 08:37 AM   #1
(female)

Sharon1946 HB User
Question Aortic anuerysm healed? Iam confused!

I AM CONFUSED PLEASE SOME ONE ANSWER THIS QUESTION!
I HAVE BEEN TOLD FOR 4 YEARS THAT I HAVE A GROWING AORTIC ANUERYSM. IN JULY 08 I HAD A HEART ATTACK (NO HEART DAMAGE) AND HAD 2 STENTS PLACED. I HAD HIGH CHOLESTROL, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE,
AFTER STENTS PLACED TOOK MEDS FOR BOTH AND THEY ARE NORMAL NOW.
I RECENTLY HAD A CAT SCAN WITH DYE TO CHECK THE AORTIC ANUERYSM AND THEY NOW THEY IT IS TOTALLY GONE! IS THIS POSSIBLE AND IS IT FROM THE MEDS AND HAVING THE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND CHOLESTROL UNDER CONTROL? CANT GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER FROM DOC!
ANY ANSWERS APPRECIATED.
THANKS
SHARON

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2009, 07:44 AM   #2
(female)

fibropain48 HB User
Re: Aortic anuerysm healed? Iam confused!

HI sharon,
I'm not sure if I can help answer your question but I do want to make some comments on the subject of arotic septal aneurysm.
Is this what they told you had?
or is it a different aortic aneurysm?
you see, if it was aortic septal aneurysm, they say this is congenital which happened to us at birth.
I was having some chest discomfort about a year ago. I'm 49, female, had a total hysterectomy back in 2005, am on estrogen patches, and yes! I do this disgusting habit called "smoking" and I once had a problem with high blood pressure, which I was put on med's for and eventually didn't need to take them anymore because my blood pressure was so low that I was exhausted all the time from it.
my dr. sent me for an echocardiogram and the dr. who read the test said I have an Aortic septal aneurysm.
I was shocked when my primary dr. told me the results. but he wasn't worried about it and blew it off to be nothing.
he told me to just take 80 something milligrams of aspirin for it daily.

I never went on the computer to do research on this until I was going through my health records that I made to keep all my reports in it and I came across the echocardiogram results and decided to do a search on it.

what I read frightened me.
some researchers believe that people who have this can wind up having strokes! why on earth didn't my dr. tell me this????
he made it sound like it was nothing to keep an eye on.
are we supposed to tell all other doctors we see or go to for future surgery that we have this condition?
I"m so confused about this, because there really isn't that much information out there on this condition.

then when I read your post, it really freaked me out because you mentioned you have an aortic anuerysm that eventually gave you a heart attack.

Do you have the same condition I have?

I hope you're doing better and maybe to answer your question about the aortic anuerysm and why yours went away, maybe it went down after having the heart attack? maybe the medication your on made it go away?
this is good news that it did if so.
I didnt' think it could just go away like that!

hope to hear back from you or anyone who knows about this subject.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2009, 08:22 AM   #3
(female)

Sharon1946 HB User
Re: Aortic anuerysm healed? Iam confused!

THANK-YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY. I DONT BELIEVE THAT I HAVE A SEPTAL ANUERYSM. BUT MY FATHER HAD A AORTA ANUERYSM ALSO SO I NEED TO CHECK IN TO IT. I DO KNOW FROM THE RESEARCH I HAVE DONE A.A.A. CAN BE HEREDITARY. I ALSO HAVE THAT BAD HABIT CALLED SMOKING! AND OFCOURSE THE DOCS TOLD ME THAT GREATLY CONTRIBUTES TO A.A.A.
I ALSO HAD HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND HIGH TRIGLYCERIDES, HIGH CHOLESTROL BEFORE MY HEART ATTACK BUT NOW ALL OF THEM ARE UNDER CONTROL DUE TO MEDICATIONS AND CHANGE IN DIET.
IM NOT SO SURE THAT THE A.A.A. CAUSED MY HEART ATTACK BECAUSE I DID HAVE 2 BLOCKED ARTERIES WHICH WAS FIXED BY THE STENTS PUT IN, SO PLEASE DONT BE SCARED THAT YOU MAY ALSO HAVE A HEART ATTACK.
BUT I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND ANY DOCTOR SAYING THAT A ANUERYSM OF ANY KIND IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. MY DOCTOR ORDERED A ULTRA SOUND FOR ME EVERY YEAR TO SEE HOW MUCH IT WAS GROWING. I HAVE STILL NOT RECEIVED AN ANSWER DEFINETLY WHY IT IS GONE BUT THE DOCTORS SAID THAT IS PROBABLYTHE REASON FROM THE STENTS BEING PUT IN. I WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED ON ANY NEW ANSWERS I RECEIVE FROM THE DOCTORS.
THE BEST OF LUCK TO YOU.

Closed Thread