It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
(female)

damaz3s HB User
Question Orthostatic Hypotension

Hello everyone. I have been experiencing numberous symptoms the past month, which include lightheadedness, dizzness, fatigue, racing heartbeat and dropped blood pressure upon standing. I saw a cardiolodist today who has insisted that if the pressure falls in the first 2 minutes, it isn't orthostatic hypotension. My blood pressure falls sgnifigantly the moment I stand up. After standing for a couple minutes, my bp stabilizes. Does anyone know the true diagnostic criteria for this disorder? How can it be normal for my bp to fall so drastically? My dr seems to think it isn't causing my symptoms. Thanks in advance.

Oh also, when I stand, my pulse increases by 20-30 beats per minute.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
(male)

pitcherred HB User
Re: Orthostatic Hypotension

try a good powdered magnesium citrate supplement asap. peter somebody makes something called calmed something that is excellent

don't be afraid to salt your food too. and make sure you take something with potassium everyday, orange juice or bananas are good

Last edited by pitcherred; 08-06-2009 at 01:12 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
(female)

damaz3s HB User

Thanks for the advice. I wish I just knew what was wrong so I can move on!!!

Old 08-07-2009, 05:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by damaz3s View Post
Hello everyone. I have been experiencing numberous symptoms the past month, which include lightheadedness, dizzness, fatigue, racing heartbeat and dropped blood pressure upon standing.
You had complained about breathing problems. Are you still experiencing difficulties with your breathing?

Quote:
I saw a cardiolodist today who has insisted that if the pressure falls in the first 2 minutes, it isn't orthostatic hypotension.
Did he then give you a proper diagnosis of your problem, or not? Most people do not suffer from the symptoms that you are experiencing, upon standing, especially at your young age.

Quote:
My blood pressure falls sgnifigantly the moment I stand up. After standing for a couple minutes, my bp stabilizes. Does anyone know the true diagnostic criteria for this disorder?
Putting a name to the problem won't really get you any closer to a cure. I am surprised that your cardiologist didn't suggest that it was caused by stress or anxiety, and that standing up is too stressful for you. It is a typical diagnosis when doctors don't have a clue.

Quote:
How can it be normal for my bp to fall so drastically? My dr seems to think it isn't causing my symptoms. Thanks in advance.

Oh also, when I stand, my pulse increases by 20-30 beats per minute.
Well..... you went to the cardiologist for a diagnosis, with legitimate symptoms. It seems like your cardiologist just discounted your symptoms. Did he offer any options to you, or any suggestions?

The first thing that pops to my mind is that your problems could be hormonal in nature, made worse because of diet, and/or a reaction to allergens or irritants. Something in your environment, or in your diet, might be causing a hormonal imbalance.

Are you overweight? When was the last time you had your blood sugar checked? Do you get very sleepy after a meal?

I'm sure that there are many other explanations, but I figured I'd just through in my 2 cents, for what it is worth.

Regards, and best of luck finding answers to your annoying symptoms.

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Old 08-07-2009, 10:37 PM   #5
(male)

pitcherred HB User

Machaon brings up some good points. but my recommendations were made based on personal experience of EXACTLY the same symptoms and my doc thought perhaps it was a heart related issue.. i was sure its not - you should know your own body. I know mine is ultimately related to adrenal issues .. however - u still need to give immediate support to the problem at hand - and a lot of time its the hormones that effecting fluid balance - but it can be hedged with electrolite balance.. Pls try what i recommended - it cant harm you. - careful with MSG and other food additives - especially snack foods - these seemed to aggravate my symptoms as well.. I wish you luck - sometimes with these type of illness conventional medicine just doesnt have the answers. but please if you feel that you may have a heart condition that is responsible, dont neglect getting it checked.. good luck .. to you with finding some help and relief

Closed Thread