It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
(female)

mzSherry HB User
Unhappy sudden frequent heart palpitations

Ok, so I've had heart palps b4, but I only got them once in a while, if I smoked or had caffeine. Well, I haven't had any caffeine, cigs, chocolate ect, in a while, and I have been having major heart palps all of a sudden every minute or so for the last couple of days- even when I'm doing NOTHING.
I AM TERRIFIED! I feel like I am going to DIE.
I have been crying hysterically, I'm that SCARED. The docs tell me it's just anxiety, but I don't feel anxious. They gave me anxiety meds in the past, but they did not help with the palps. I keep reading online that heart palps can be a symptom of heart disease. I'm only 29, but could this be possible? I quit smoking, but I did smoke heavily for 12 years...HELP!!!

Old 08-11-2009, 01:23 AM   #2
(female)

Sooperb HB User
Re: sudden frequent heart palpitations

First of all calm down. You're still here and you've been having them how long? That should reassure you that you aren't about to depart this earth. There's lots of information about palpitation out there, visit a few websites and read up on them. They are frightening but they seldom mean you have heart problems.

Heart palpitations are often linked to stress and anxiety. Stress or panic attacks can occur months after a stressful event and you don't think to link the two. I never considered myself a worrier or a stress head, quite the opposite really, but when I had my first panic attack, I had just eaten and was settling down to watch TV, completely relaxed as I thought. Boy was I frightened when my heart was racing and thumping and my breathing was all funny. A quick visit to our Casualty department soon found the problem. Since then I have had plenty more, often after settling down in bed. Visit this site, * Disallowed website link removed by hb-mod, moderator * for a wealth of information.

You will find that you aren't alone, it isn't life threatening (though it is very unpleasant) and that with a bit of work on your part you can regain a lot of control. I'm not free of them but they no longer get a hold on me and by and large they aren't very frequent any more.

Good luck

Last edited by hb-mod; 08-11-2009 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Please don't post disallowed links as per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2009, 03:58 PM   #3
(female)

mzSherry HB User

Ok, so my palpitation occurence has gone back to normal, I may get one once in a while. I still don't know why they were so bad that time though- scary as hell- had a hard palp every minute for almost a week straight!

Although, now I have a NEW problem! I am getting a lot tension in my temples, and it won't go away. Sometimes the back of my head and the top of my head aches too. I never get headaches, so now I'm all freaked out that I have a brain tumor or something. Does anyone else get these tension headaches associated with anxiety? It's keeping me up at night and is causing me to take anxiety attacks. I don't know how much longer I can take this crap...

Old 10-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #4
(female)

Be positive HB User

Wow....I know that this post is a couple of months old, but I just read it and I almost burst out in tears becasue I am going through the same thing right now. I am 30 though.....I have had anxiety and Panic attacks for so long, but they just seem to be getting worse all the time and they are taking control of my life. Then recently I started getting these terrible tension headaches and I feel dizzy and fuzzy head and they are so painful. I get heart palpitations too...I am not sure if they are from the headache or from the anxiety...I also have TMJ....I just feel that I am too young for this to be my life. I also have tightness in my back and chest....I find it hard to breath....again, I am not sure if it is the anxiety or something else....I am seeing a Naturopath and Physio Therapist but everything just works for a little while and it all comes back...I am so frustrated and feel no alone......

Old 10-22-2009, 01:25 AM   #5
(female)

Sooperb HB User

Be positive, I always find the best tool to combat anything is knowledge. Get yourself googling and find out as much as you can about panic and anxiety attacks. There is at least one good site called nomorepanic where there are forums and threads dedicated to all the different symptoms of panic and anxiety attacks and some good ways to deal with them. The more you know, the more reassured you will be. Googling can make you a bit paranoid because you can often make symptoms fit your situation rather than the other way around lol.

You might also google joe barry. He sells an ebook which I haven't bought because I think it's way too expensive, but you can sign up to his free advice which is very good and helpful. You don't have to suffer alone.

Remember, tension headaches can be very debilitating but they aren't life threatening, usually an over the counter pain killer will help or you may find listening to a relaxation CD on your ipod or music player helpful and calming. You just need to try to take control back from your subconscious and be in charge of yourself.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:02 AM   #6
(male)

aboshabab HB User
Question Re: sudden frequent heart palpitations

Ifeel burning feet at night every day so ineed to know the reson & solution ?

Old 05-03-2012, 06:57 AM   #7
(male)

Tonifriend HB User

Hey man im having these thinks too guest like you describet it in all. I would like too now how are you in this moment after 3 years of post

Closed Thread