It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
(female)

Jada62 HB UserJada62 HB User
leaking valve

just got back from stress and echo tests..showed a small leak in valve..and I felt very dizzy and short of breath at 83& onthe tread mill....have a appt next week for results,,,I feel like I should be shoppin for a cremation vase.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mileena42 HB User
Re: leaking valve

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I remember feeling that way when I first found out something was wrong with my heart! It can be quite scary!

If this helps any I know several people who have leaky valves. Some have to have something done, but some don't and the best thing you can do right now is relax until you know what is coming! Trust me! It won't be as bad as you think!

I just got through open heart surgery for a narrowed valve....4 weeks post op today! I can't say I breezed through but I can say I survived it!!

A leaky valve? I wouldn't let that worry me too much. I think you will find once you talk to a cardiologist that it isn't as bad as it sounds!

Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User
Re: leaking valve

Jada, I have moderate to severe regurgitaion in the aortic valve and mild to moderate regurgitaion in the other three valves. I was diagnosed after having shortness of bresth and dizziness as well. I was tried on a couple of meds that are to reduce the stress on the heart but I was taken off as I ran an extremely low blood pressure while taking them. I have had periodic followups with the cardiologist with routine echos and so far, I have had no worsening of my symptoms or the valve issues. So I think that once they discovered this, unless it progresses or symptoms worsen, it is not that big a deal for me. I know I was apprehensive at first, but after reading about valve problems, it is not that scary for me. Cleveland Clinic has a wonderful site that has lots of info on the subject. I try to think my heart is just overflowing with joy over my grandchild!

Closed Thread