It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2009, 06:48 AM   #1
(male)

MOHAN 49 HB User
Mild persistent tightness in the chest, urge to burp

I have been experiencing for the last couple of days the above two symptoms. Do i need o go to a doctor or is it just flatulence etc. I am a vegetarian, no smoke, no drink, good sleep, normal weight , some anxiety .
Please advise.

Old 08-16-2009, 03:16 PM   #2
(female)

anon2239 HB User
Re: Mild,persistent tightness in the chest, urge to burp

I do think you should have it checked out. I have talked to people with same problems. Would not hurt to have it checked out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
(female)

jaguar63122 HB User

I would have it checked out too. Better to be safe than sorry. I had a blockage and my main symptom was burping. Ever since it was stented 2 years ago I have never had that urge.

Jag

Old 08-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Looly HB UserLooly HB User

I have a burping problem also - plus sporadic chest tightness but where the chest feels tight is above the heart area and when I press the spot where I feel the tightness I feel like the muscles are sore Is this what you're talking about? So all in all I have chest tightness as described and burping...but then again I had my gallbladder out a few months ago but could be contributory and cause the burping. I have burped alot for years. But after reading this post I got nervous. Jacquar....what were your other symptoms as you said your main symptom was burping. Thanks.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #5
(female)

jaguar63122 HB User

When I felt pressure in my chest it would be relieved from burping. Nothing was sore to the touch..it was like my chest and neck had a painfull pressure and when I burped it would relieve it for a few minutes and then the pain would come back and so on. This would happen maybe once a month. I took nexium and other medication and it would still happen. 2 weeks before I was to get my gall bladder removed I asked them to test my heart 1 more time. I had always felt like it was my heart not heartburn. I had had tests on and off for 8 years. The last test showed my gallbaldder was not working properly, but the pain was in my chest and I didn't believe it was my gall bladder. Anyways I did a nuclear scan and they found my blockage 2 weelks before I was to have my gall bladder removed. It took 8 years to finally get the correct diagnosis. Since then I have not had any chest discomfort or burping. I no longer take nexium and I still have my gall bladder that has a EF of 8%. The pain was angina.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:34 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Looly HB UserLooly HB User

Thanks for the info. Hope that you are doing well now.

Closed Thread